Maybe I'm the one who's nuts... thoughts on the great ammo & reloading run of '21

I'll take any tips from you powder valley/midsouth/natchez crusing pros...I've got enough 4831sc to get through the summer and maybe into fall, but an 8 pounder is on my wishlist for both supply and also I don't like changing lots unless I have to. Feel free to PM your strategy.

I remember about a year ago when almost no one knew what powder valley was, and about 3 years ago their website looked like it was built in MS DOS. :LOL:

They have powder and primers here, but you need a big wallet. Powder $50.00/pound, primers $150.00/1000

At least you could buy it if you absolutely had to have it...

40D1F314-DD6B-46BE-9618-343ABAB8326F.jpeg

Local store had H4350 for $38. Not bad, but glad I stocked up for $28 before all of this.

Those of us that assembled a good supply of what we need aren't hoarders. I started 12 years ago. Like it or not, political climate drives availability. I'm good with what I have, but I grab everything I see I may need in the next four, or eight years if need be. mtmuley
If/when prices normalize I won’t be caught without at least 4 or 5 years worth of ammo & reloading components.

I find powder for sale at pretty normal prices everyday and primers 1-2 a week. I have enough of everything to cover me for a while except H1000. You just have to be quick as sometimes it goes out of stock before you can get to the final checkout process.

I think there’s some desperate people out there and they’ll do what they have to do to get the things they need. Luckily I have plenty of primers for most of the stuff I shoot. I think I now have guns that use every size of there is. Somehow I keep finding primers here and there, just today I picked up 1k large pistol primers and they were regular retail price. I keep seeing a few funneling in here and there and get lucky being at the right place at the right times. I refuse to pay the gouging prices and wouldn’t pay more than $50 for a box of 1k primers. If I got real desperate that might jump to $75 but I couldn’t imagine paying $100s like some of these people are. Luckily I had a few thousand primers before this thing ever kicked off so I haven’t missed a beat. I’ve been let a buddy mooch some of my LRM primers and powder for developing some loads. Once this whole thing is over I’m just going to buy primers by the case and get a case of everything I need and just hang onto them for when I need them. I don’t like this fighting for components crap.

Got lucky and got 2 pounds of h1000 today for 35 a pound. Dealing with small local guys pays off in times like these. He kept them back for me and large magnum primers.

Would sure like to find some 6.5 mm hunting bullets around 140 grain

Did the rounds yesterday in central NC. Walmart didn't have a single box of anything. Bass pro shop only had a few boxes of 6.8 western, .338 projectiles, & muzzleloading supplies.

Looking for h4350 I have small rifle and large mag for trade. I don’t need the powder but would trade for also maybe varget.

I hope it gets back to normal soon, I saw a box of 708 for $120 a few weeks ago. Wort part? After a week on the shelf SOMEBODY BOUGHT IT.

The shortage is coming to a end. A friend of mine just picked up 18lb of powder at normal prices not gouging prices.
He said he has even picked up several bullets of different types.
I received a email telling me about ammo they had for sale and they had quite a selection but at stupid prices like 9mm Remington 115gr FMJ for $44 that's nuts when I was picking it up at the farm supply store $ 10.99 before all this crazy shortage started.
So yes I think it's coming to a end the shortage of ammo and prices will be coming down.

Since most internet retailers will not ship primers or powder to Alaska and we must rely on
the local shops, I suspect there will be a shortage up here
long after the internet retailers get back to normal.

Barnes TTSX Bullets seems to be in short supply with most internet retailers.
For example, 130 gr Barnes TTSX in .270 or. 180gr TTSX in .30 caliber,
out of stock at Midway, Natchez, MidSouth Shooter Supply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back