Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Maybe I'm the one who's nuts... thoughts on the great ammo & reloading run of '21

Thank the NRA for this. They stoked the fear that democrats = the end of the world, even though it's proven untrue time and time again.
I personally think that it has more to do with the huge number of new gun owners. Supply and demand. As soon as people started having trouble finding what they wanted the hoarding began. JMO

As soon as people started having trouble finding what they wanted the hoarding began.
I completely agree with this. Even though I've never been a hoarder, I would usually check the ammo shelves and buy a box. Now, I'll buy a couple boxes of multiple calibers if it's there. There just hadn't been anything on the shelves in the last few months.

I agree with most who've posted that this will pass as the panic subsides. Likely going to be a great 4 years for the firearms and ammo industry though regardless.

Absolutely. My point is there is no grand conspiracy. People just think that and it drives their purchasing. No one is worried the government is out to take their Bilstein shocks, so they’ll pay 4-10x retail in order to get them.

I think the government is out to take my 2x4s, $7.23 a piece at Lowes, I'd rather pay $100 for a pound of gunpowder...

I too got caught up in the panic and yesterday spent $15.00 over the normal cost per box of some rifle ammo. However, I am now certain I have enough for two years of practice and hunting.

Have about 30,000 primer's but got them from a friend when he died.
Why would your friend have ever needed that many primers?
Was he a target/competition shooter?

I might get through 200 primers a year, shortages now showing in the UK.

The only panic buying I have witnessed is TP and chopped tomatoes:ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Richard

Thank the NRA for this. They stoked the fear that democrats = the end of the world, even though it's proven untrue time and time again.
Not sure why the R/D thing has to enter every damn thread. Keep that crap out of these discussion. And I don't care what team someone is on. R/D seldom has any beneficial context to these threads.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back