May CPW Commission meeting

Oak

Expert
The May Commission meeting is in progress now. You can watch it live at the link below. It will be interesting to see how well they can stay on track with the agenda, given they will be approving the wolf management plan this morning.

The Commission went into executive session at the outset to discuss the wolf plan, and also Commission authority to shorten or cancel hunting seasons. During Commissioner comments (about an hour into the live broadcast), Commissioner Haskett talked about impacts of the winter to big game herds in NW Colorado. There are lots of photos in her presentation. She implied that she would be making an additional recommendation on how to deal with the impacts this afternoon following approval of big game license quotas.

After listening for 20 minutes, I understand why nothing gets done. Lord have mercy would they please just get down to business already.

After listening for 20 minutes, I understand why nothing gets done. Lord have mercy would they please just get down to business already.
Sometimes the “comments” portion at the beginning of the meeting provides nuggets of info you might not otherwise hear about.

Ya. Nuggets like talking about diversity and inclusion. And the rich history of the campus where the meeting is being held... lol

this is so annoying. they just need to break apart again, for like the 12th time, and have a parks commission and wildlife commission.

"nobody understands how our money works and how parks is funded. we need people to realize it's not a competition between wildlife and parks"

blah blah blah blah

looking at that agenda i can't fathom how they'll have time to get damn near anything done today

I could only take 5 minutes. I did like the comments from the Garfield County Commissioner about how Idaho is reducing its wolf population by 90% and he doesn’t think the CO plan has a mechanism (I.e. hunting) to keep their population in check. That was a great statement!

"I would like you to now stop looking at me and close your eyes. Now touch a cold carcass...."

O.M.G.

I got to give it to Gabriel Otera. He must have ice flowing through his veins.
He didn't even smirk when that loony toon said that statement. LOLOL

The Karens are currently talking about why we should not kill wolves in any circumstances except when they threaten human life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back