Caribou Gear

May 20th, really?!?

Sorry man. I was in the same boat. Not sure if it makes you feel any better But my buddy and I withdrew from the general tag pool when New Mexico gave us some Gila tags! Better chances for you maybe?
Every little bit helps.
Good luck with that smokin tag!

Sorry man. I was in the same boat. Not sure if it makes you feel any better But my buddy and I withdrew from the general tag pool when New Mexico gave us some Gila tags! Better chances for you maybe?

Changed my app as well based on drawing AZ and NM archery elk tags ;) I do think it definitely changes the dynamic a bit now that they draw late. I always preferred the Feb draw, but now I'm sure we are not the only ones to make changes after the fact.

I actually didn’t mind this year. Let me see how Montana’s played out and gave me time to pull my application
My buddy and I both did not get drawn for NR General season combo tags in MT. They said apps were up 30% this year. Glad I applied for NM this year as I pulled a 2nd season archery tag. Now the planning begins! Best Of luck with all your apps this year.

I didn't apply last year or this year because there's such a long wait. I struggle to justify having that much money tied up for so long. I'll buy a point when those go on sale.

Yup. Long wait until May 20 for Wyoming ! Kansas is worse... won't know until probably sometime in June !

I'm in with 7 points I'm kinda hoping I don't draw since I already drew a New Mexico elk tag and should draw a Colorado deer tag. I won't turn down tags but my wife might kill me.

I here ya. Colorado not much better. In this day in age of computers; there's no reason to have to wait that long. Applications in one day. Computer starts drawing the numbers the next. Maybe an IT guy, could chime in if this cant be accomplished in a day or two.
They might also have to wait to know the actual quota theyre going to allow, but then there's no reason to need apps in by January.

Remember, WY just finalized the tag quotas. That's at least part of the reason, they wait til the bulk of winter is over to get a sense of winter kill and hunter reports coming in.

Remember, WY just finalized the tag quotas. That's at least part of the reason, they wait til the bulk of winter is over to get a sense of winter kill and hunter reports coming in.
Fully understand that, but why not postpone the application deadline to say April 1st. There really is no compelling reason for the Feb 1 deadline.

Nothing new to report here, just venting my frustration of having to wait until May 20th for NR elk draw results from Wyoming. How ridiculous considering apps had to be in be Feb 1!
No one forced me to apply that’s for sure, but jeez, way to string the NRs along....
Used to be apply by end of January and the results hit by the end of February. :confused:

Back