Maven RS.1 Riflescope

Well I looked through the previous threads on here and saw a lot of folks commenting about Maven binos and spotters. Just not a lot of chatter about riflescopes! If I do go the Maven route I will be sure to post here.
A friend of mine has a Maven spotter that he loves. I’m pretty sure he was planning on buying a rifle scope as well, I’ll check and see if he did and get back to you.

I don’t and everyone is entitled to use whatever they want. I was merely stating the difference between a $300 and $1200 scope and it’s not just bragging rights.
Nope. For sure. I won't tell what I use. Not worthy. mtmuley

This thread reminds me of the college football discussion that will occur between now and August. Lots of opinions, none that can be proven wrong.

So since I’m the OP I’ll lay some context down for Don, I have had the same scope on my rifle for 20 years (first scope I ever got on a rifle). I bought a $400 Vortex for my wife and have had nothing but issues. As far as my scope, I have looked through higher end glass and yes there is a difference. So I’m ready to upgrade. Do I kill game with mine currently? Of course I do. So this pissing match about buying a high end scope is a moot point to me, I know what I want as far as upgrading, and unless you have a valuable opinion about the wants/needs I was asking about, then really the pissing match about $70 scope to $1200 scope is as I just described. If I hurt any feelers I’ll apologize but frankly don’t care. Thank you to those who have offered VALID input.
Just saw this. On my 30-06 is a 2 3/4x Denver Redfield I bought new about 1971. Have a Weaver K4 On my 22 mag, been dragging it around about 40 yrs. 308 I gave a brother has a 1-4x Denver Redfield I got new about 1972. My 25-06 has a Bushnell Banner on it I no longer remember when I got it but been on that rifle since I got it in about 1992. As far as knowing what you want your right. But doubtful it's something you actually need. Good thing we can get what we want!

Any updates on the maven scope experience? On the fence between them and the Leopoldo VX5. Using a turret is important.

I've got one of the new RS1.2's, so far I like it.

Did a quick tracking test on a calibrated target from a static scope fixture running elevation up 9 mils and back a few times and it was gnats ass the whole way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back