Maven upgrade? Your opinion

Yea I figured if I’m going to get new glass get the best.

Good call.

I, like most, started with $100 department store binos. I wasted a lot of money during the upgrade process
because in the end you want to end up with Swaro, Zeiss, Meopta, etc.

Good call.

I, like most, started with $100 department store binos. I wasted a lot of money during the upgrade process
because in the end you want to end up with Swaro, Zeiss, Meopta, etc.
I think I’m going to give Meopta a try as well. I will probably pick up a pair of 15x56 and one of their S2 spotters.

I do consider Razor HD, Meopta, Zeiss, Leica and Swaro all great glass.

However, one thing to consider is re-sale value. Swaro leads there by a landslide. Perceived
value is reality.

I have the B1s and the C1s and have compared to the Viper HD and the Razors in low light and in my opinion the Mavens are better than their vortex peers. #2 is a winning choice.
I purchased the C1s, and am going to be purchasing a second set for the wife. Should I save for the B1s so we have one high end or would you go for another set of C1s and use the savings for a spotting scope?

I purchased the C1s, and am going to be purchasing a second set for the wife. Should I save for the B1s so we have one high end or would you go for another set of C1s and use the savings for a spotting scope?
The quality upgrade is noticeable, but what to do in your situation really depends on how you use them (and if/how you will use spotter). I use my B1s far more than my spotter, so nice to have the better glass.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back