Mauser M18 experiences?

SFC B

Hello all!! Although I am NOT in NEED of a new rifle I have found a VERY good price on a new M18 and wonder if any of you have real world experience with them. Impressions?

I recently purchased a Mauser M-18 in .308 win. Full disclosure: I own several .308 win, including 2 Tikka's ( one is a CTR), Browning X-bolt Pro, a Barrett Fieldcraft , a Howa Randy Newberg Special and a Sako Finnlight, so I really didn't need another one, but it was so cheap I couldn't help myself. Was going to use it as a loaner gun or as a backup to a backup rifle. Put a Meopta Meopro fixed power 6X scope and off to the range. Didn't do a barrel break-in, sighted it in and went from there. Shot a wide variety of factory loads. Wow! Shot MOA or sub-MOA 3-5 shot groups at 100 yards with several different brands of ammo. It preferred 165 to 168 grain bullets, but it even shot a 150 grain Nosler E-tip at 1.15" at 100. I was very pleased. Its not a pretty gun ( Basic black!), its got a lot of "plastic" such as the trigger guard and trigger( very good trigger), but man does it shoot. With scope, Warne mounts and an empty mag it came in at 8lbs 2 oz.
Obviously this one has moved up in status and I plan on hunting with it this Fall. I also just ordered one in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Hello all!! Although I am NOT in NEED of a new rifle I have found a VERY good price on a new M18 and wonder if any of you have real world experience with them. Impressions?
Don't have M18 but I have a M12, 30-06, shoots clover leaf easily at 100 yds - not even with match ammo.

Back