Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mapping Software

TheTone

Does anyone have/use any topographical mapping software, maybe something similar to King's Outdoors Map Academy, for either investigating hunting areas or plotting where they've killed animals or marked areas. I don't have access to really good GUS software anymore, since I'm out of school now. Kind of looking for something where I can download waypoints from my GPS, I don't have the software that came with it. Thanks guys

Hey Moosie (or anyone else),
Have you had problems uploading waypoints from your GPS to Nat. Geo.? It keeps saying I have an invalid waypoint name, but the waypoint doesn't actually show up on my GPS. It's also a bogus location that doesn't exist, on this planet anyway. I've dumped all my waypoints and started over several times, but this mystery waypoint that the Nat. Geo. program doesn't like won't go away.:confused: |oo

Sorry for hijacking the post TheTone. I use Nat. Geo. as well. It's great, except for a little problem uploading points from my GPS. :rolleyes: :D

Oak

I use Maptech Terrain Navigator and I'm very happy with it. I transfer waypoints from the computer to my GPS, and waypoints and tracks from the GPS to the computer. Works great. I can't say how it compares to National Geographic, as I have only used Maptech.

I use Delorme Topo USA 5.0. I haven't tried any others but I'm extremely impressed with it. I think it only works with a few brands of GPS though. I haven't really messed with that feature too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back