Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Man "run over" by Grizzly

Mixed feelings on this one. Would be scary as hell. But man, it seems like that bear was trying hard to be good. Unfortunate all around.
I can't imagine the adrenaline rush. Talk about fight or flight mode. I don't think many people could or would show restraint in his situation. A bluff charge, maybe. But once a griz makes contact I'd think most would've done the same. Not a lot of time to think about intent in these situations, and they're usually fatal for one or both parties involved

Last edited:
I’d sure as hell not be busting around the brush in that part of the state.

Glad the dude was ok, bummer that the bear met his fate on this one though.

The part that struck me was "East of Choteau", I've spend a bunch of time out there bird hunting in my college days. I just struggle to picture it.

A friend of mine worked in the oil fields in Alaska. One day a lone musk ox wandered into the area. A bunch of the guys went out and surrounded the critter, just for something to do I guess, when it charged one guy and sent him flying. Everyone including the guy who was the target got a great laugh out of it. Well almost everyone, the safety officer probably wasn't too happy. Some months later my friend, that guy and a couple of others were hiking into one of their favorite fishing holes when a grizzly came charging out of brush and bowled over that same guy, sending him flying off into the brush. Nobody went for a gun, because after the dust had settled, they were all too busy laughing at that poor guy sprawled out in the bushes. So, I guess there are different attitudes about critters running people over.

Yeah hindsight being best in this situation he probably could’ve got out of there without another incident, but who knows when you have a giant bear that might just want to play with his food first. I’d probably have done the same with the wife and dogs there too!

Yeah it does suck the bear had to be shot, but all I know is that if I were in the same situation I'd be too busy shitting my pants for any rational thought to occur. No clue how I'd react honestly.

Drought ruin the huckleberry crop?
I've been blaming the series of moderate to severe hail storms the state received in June. Knocked the berries off. The patches I checked in early June looked to be shaping up alright. Up high snow had lingered longer than normal, and the spring had been fairly wet in most places. I don't know how the lack of rain from July on would have impacted the berries through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back