Man kills mountain lion with bare hands!

I hope someone gets to do a in depth interview with this guy. Curious to hear first hand account of how it went down. There's a real badass in that guy and I wonder if he even knew it until fight or flight got turned on.

My thoughts too. He could have wrapped a jacket or something else around the cat's head or strangled it with a piece of clothing or barehands. Would love to know the story.

good luck to all
the dog

I'd like to know how the guy was out running with those big, brass, kahones swingin around! Can't be comfortable.

Having walked up on a fresh killed 200 lb specimen of same, and literally being at a loss of words as to how powerful and able such an animal is, and seeing the ferociousness and raw killing ability and athleticism of a 10 lb house cat, I cannot imagine how this could be done. Glad he's ok. Would sure like to hear his story.

Definitely post up here if someone hears of this guy giving an interview.

Apparently his masculinity was toxic... to lions

this guy must be the anomaly. Almost all of the self described runners i know are skinny, wiry little guys who can't bench their own weight even a couple of times.
Or else a whimpy cat......or both. guess he did a good job of clubbing it with the rock.

Even a very young, very small mountain lion must have made a fierce opponent. “[The runner's] injuries are serious, but not life threatening,” Ferrell says. “Considering what he went through, he’s in pretty good condition.”

Ferrell also said that the man has received “a few marriage proposals online” since the incident. She described his actions as nothing short of “heroic.”

..the trauma continues.

Uncle Ted: "Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians--except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”

Back