Caribou Gear

Major #*^@#* ups

Dang it. That’s brutal news.

Edit: similar to a place I hunt where when family starts coming I’m pushed out. Which is fine. Just happy to hunt it when allowed.
I have family come hunt the family property during firearm season... They're in it for the meat, so I typically shoot them a couple deer so they can be done and I can have my peace and quiet back... I shot 2 deer for them this weekend, so now they aren't coming back next weekend ;)

NALfpEp.jpg

Here is my f*up-
Last sat was opening day mz in VA and I was hunting a wilderness area in the SW Mountains. About 720 am, 10 yards from my sitting spot I stepped on a log and my foot slipped into a crevice. Heard 2 loud snaps and my ankle went numb immediately. I knew I was screwed. Tried using my trekking poles as a crutch but that didn't work cause my foot just flopped around. I crawled a mile, uphill to get to my truck. Another hunter saw me there and drove to the bottom of the mountain to get cell service and called me an ambulance.
Broken and dislocated ankle, surgery was Sunday, non weight bearing for 6 weeks.

Now that's a f*$% up!

Last edited:
Well he was a little smaller than I thought lol. So not my personal best but still one of my better archery deer. But definitely the buck. it's a long story but where he was found kinda connected the dots on what happened. When I backed out of the woods to try and avoid bumping him I pretty positive I bumped him. Must have walked right passed him that next day. Which stings even more.20231119_075519.jpg
20231119_075501.jpg

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back