Yeti GOBOX Collection

Major #*^@#* ups

Nick87

Sometimes there's no other way to put it. You just #*^@#* up some times. Tonight I made a terrible shot after hitting a branch on a biggest in my lifetime whitetail so far. It shouldn't matter the size of the animal but I haven't made an iffy shot on a deer in long time and haven't lost a deer since I was a teenager first couple years bowhunting 20 years ago. Part of the game I guess wish I'd of missed clean at this point I could get up in the morning with a clear head and start over. Now not so much.

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow.

Edit - I missed that it was not a clean miss when I first read the post.

Last edited:
When I read the thread title, I thought this would be in the same vein as the “Sh*t my kids do” thread, and was building the courage to tell the story of my adventure with Nair as a teenager…

Sorry it went down like that, Nick. I hope you get a good surprise tomorrow.

Any idea where the impact was at? Bunch of backseat drivers here ready to give their input. Good luck in the recovery.

Try and stay positive amigo. Things like this are brutal in the moment. Sometimes it's just the way it shakes out and you can't help these things in the moment.

Good luck to you buddy hope you find him.

Definitely sucks. We’ve all been there. Any chance it was a hit that’s possibly fatal to warrant having a tracking dog come in?

Last year I hit some crap I thought I was shooting over with my 30-06 and we spent two days chasing that poor kudu bull before finally putting him out of his misery. Made me sick. Said I'd quit hunting if we didn't get him.

Hope you find the buck. Can you get your dog to help track it?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back