Made me think of TopGun 30-06 RIP

themeateater.com/listen/meateater/ep-184-managing-bambi

skip to 2:49:00
I remember some of those highway pull-off threads. :LOL: Man, he sure could get wound up about folks not abiding the exact letter of the law. I think some people enjoyed jerking his chain just to get a rise. Seemed to be a direct, no-nonsense but helpful and very experienced guy . . . but 50 Nuanced Shades of Camo Green wasn't his favorite book. RIP TG.

^ True, you got the sense from his posts that if you just followed his directions you were 100% never going to have to worry about running afoul of the law. Which given the number of knuckleheads out there is probably a good approach to the forum. He influenced my posts a bit as I try now to give the "most legal" advice not the "well you probably will be ok if you" advice.

You could take that five bucks you offered to Topgun and buy me a pizza this weekend. 😁

He gave me the spot where my fiance shot her first mule deer. Wont ever forget it. Good dude, very helpful, even when I was brand new here.

I try to be that guy on the first western hunt (i.e. WY pronghorn) thread that says be sure to check with road and bridge to verify public roads.

He PM’d me info for my first western hunt about things that I would have never even thought about. He helped me when he didn’t have to and without being asked. I appreciate that to this day. I hope I can pay that forward at some point. RIP

Hunting season dusts off memories of those who went over the hill ahead of us. Including those we knew through forums. To you I correspond with, you I disagree with, ones I admire and ones I have read and wondered about: Go forth with vigor and passion, hunt with stealth and skill, return whole and renewed. We will be here waiting to read about your struggles, triumphs, adventures. Because each of us will have a final hunt, before we go over that same hill.

Topgun was one of the first HT members to reach out and offer me detailed advice for my first western states hunt. I am glad we still remember all those he helped.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back