Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Lurker from Colorado coming out of the closet!

GigiBobert

Been lurking for awhile. Great forum, hope I am able to contribute something. Been backpack hunting for 40 years next fall. Packed out lots of elk, deer, sheep and antelope on an old Freighter frame. Kill most with an "old" .280. I was kind of surprised when my bull last year didn't jump up and run off after realizing he wasn't shot with a 6.5 Creedmore!

Welcome. 6.5 Creedmoor: the only hunting caliber that on its way to a 700 yard neck shot on a 400+ class bull elk, doesn't have to stop and ask for directions [jk]

I know an old logger who for a lot of years used a .280 and shot a lot of elk. Great cartridge!

Last edited:
On a more genuine note, with 40 years of backpack hunting I imagine you've got some good hunts and stories accumulated. Would love to hear about some adventures.

Been lurking for awhile. Great forum, hope I am able to contribute something. Been backpack hunting for 40 years next fall. Packed out lots of elk, deer, sheep and antelope on an old Freighter frame. Kill most with an "old" .280. I was kind of surprised when my bull last year didn't jump up and run off after realizing he wasn't shot with a 6.5 Creedmore!
How do you feel about the western slope wolves proposal?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back