PEAX Equipment

Lubbock, TX Dove Hunting

jlmatthew

Any Texans on here have anything to say about the Dove hunting in the Lubbock area? Been years since I've had a good dove shoot in Colorado and looking to head somewhere with a little more action. Can be in Lubbock in about 7 hours which is about as far as I'd like to travel

Can't say about Lubbock for sure, it ought to be good if its good elsewhere. Last year was tough most places in north Texas. In normal years, driving just an hour or two more southeast gets you around Haskell and such, which can be great. I believe the Lubbock area does have some public dove leases, but I don't know the quality. Good luck.

Can't say about Lubbock for sure, it ought to be good if its good elsewhere. Last year was tough most places in north Texas. In normal years, driving just an hour or two more southeast gets you around Haskell and such, which can be great. I believe the Lubbock area does have some public dove leases, but I don't know the quality. Good luck.
+1
e.png

Look at Arizona. I think it may be about the same distance. Usually, west of the DFW metromess a couple hours will get you into pretty good shooting. I think that would include Lubbock. If your looking for opening day I'd book soon. This is when opening day starts booking.

Was a bad year in Yuma last year. Seeing doves flying now but farmers are shifting away from wheat in general and what wheat we have left is being harvested now. Sept 1 is a Tuesday this year so won't be as much of a mad house.

Was a bad year in Yuma last year. Seeing doves flying now but farmers are shifting away from wheat in general and what wheat we have left is being harvested now. Sept 1 is a Tuesday this year so won't be as much of a mad house.

I've hunted Yuma back in the late 80's, wow what a place and unreal action! Little farther than I want to travel now. Reason I'm looking at Texas is #1 being distance, #2 Texas gives me a free licence for being a disabled veteran (tie for #1 reason)

I've hunted Yuma back in the late 80's, wow what a place and unreal action! Little farther than I want to travel now. Reason I'm looking at Texas is #1 being distance, #2 Texas gives me a free licence for being a disabled veteran (tie for #1 reason)

Yes, I'm sure a bad year in Yuma is probably great in many places!

Back