Lowa consistent in fit?

lifeisgoodsteve

Hi All,

Do the Lowa boots fit consistently throughout their product lines?

I currently have some Asolo boots which generally feel very good but during a scouting weekend backpack with a 50lb. pack, the souls of my feet started to hurt a little. There has been a slight pressure point in the arch of my foot which wasn't a big deal with just 25-30lbs, but showed up this weekend and don't want to get stuck in a 3-5 day hunt with painful feet. From some research now it looks like maybe Asolo tend to have a higher arch support.

So looks like I'm stuck searching for boots.

That said, I don't have the luxury of trying on various top quality boots, but was able to try some Lowas at REI which felt very good and therefore my question if that fit can be applied to the different models?

Thanks,

Steve

Just my one personal experience, but, I have the Tibet GTX Hi non insulated and the Tibet GTX Warm, insulated with Primaloft. I wear half size larger in the insulated version with the same socks in both boots.

Are you anywhere near a Sportsmans Warehouse? I ordered a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX Hi on the sportsmans website and am picking them up from my local store. When I pick them up I am going to try them next to the Kenetrek Mtn Extreme and Zamberlan Outfitter 980, I will just exchange the Lowas for whatever fits best or take the Lowas if they fit best. If you have a sportsmans nearby this is a good option.

You will find a difference in fit across models. I have a pair of Zephyrs, and they are a wider last than are the Rangers and Tibets.

I love Lowa boots and wear the Tibet GTX low in size 10 but the Renegade in size 10W. Not sure why but for me the Renegade just felt better in a wider version.

I really like Lowa boots. But they do fit differently between styles for me. I have to try them on.

Ditto on what folks have said. I've owned 3pr Lowa, all fit differently. I would contact Lowa directly with questions about boots you are interested in, especially if you can't try them all on. They have been pretty helpful, especially if you ask specific questions. The backpacking line (Tibet etc) is very different from the light hikers. For example, I do well in a 11.5 Tibet - but my Renegade in 12 fit narrower and was about the same in length, and feet didn't like them.

Thanks guys for all the tips! I pulled the trigger on a pair of Tibet GTX (standard height) ordered online to be shipped from REI. While the local stores don't seem to have it in stock to try on, it's a relatively painless process to return them in the store if need be.

Cheers

Steve

I hope you don't regret it. I love my pair of Tibet gtxs! The lacing system is really great IMO.

Thanks guys for all the tips! I pulled the trigger on a pair of Tibet GTX (standard height) ordered online to be shipped from REI. While the local stores don't seem to have it in stock to try on, it's a relatively painless process to return them in the store if need be.

Cheers

Steve

Congrats. I ended up sticking with the GTX Hi after trying on next to the Kenetreks and Zamberlans. Can’t wait to put em to use!

I am on my 5th & 6th pairs of Lowa boots in 45 yrs. I wore them from 70's to 80's when I was backpacking a bunch.
I wore Danner's for 20 years as a park ranger then they went to shit.........
Got a pair of Tibet GTX insl. 3 yrs ago & now wear Caminos as my daily wear boots too.
My feet have never been sore or cold/hot in the Tibets & the Camino's feel like gloves.

Cheers

Steve

Yep, that's how I'm doing it. I have 6 pairs of boots sitting in my living room right now from REI. 4 lowa, 2 scarpa. Looking for the lightweight counterpart to my Tibets (still!)

Yep, that's how I'm doing it. I have 6 pairs of boots sitting in my living room right now from REI. 4 lowa, 2 scarpa. Looking for the lightweight counterpart to my Tibets (still!)
Try on some Caminos....they are a bit narrower than the Tibets in fit,but that is the nature of the beast. You figured out the try out on sizing & fit....I went to REI & Sportsmans & Cabellas for fit with proper socks....then found the Lowas NIB from ebay............1/2 price of new.

My lightweight boot is the Salomon Quest, LOVE those boots.

Try on some Caminos....they are a bit narrower than the Tibets in fit,but that is the nature of the beast. You figured out the try out on sizing & fit....I went to REI & Sportsmans & Cabellas for fit with proper socks....then found the Lowas NIB from ebay............1/2 price of new.

I have a pair of camino wides sitting here. Camino wide fits about the same as the Irox, both in length and width. They use identical insoles, FWIW. The camino is what I would call a midweight boot - 1lb 15oz in size 11.5. The Irox is 1lb-7oz. The camino is nice, fits well, and is comfortable, and I only ordered it because it was the lightest weight Lowa trekking boot I could get in a wide size. It's a little close to the Tibet in weight and size for what I'm after. Interestingly, the Scarpa zodiac is the widest at the ball of foot zone of all 3 boots. It weighs 1lb-5oz and so far feels the best to me at this point.

Well, the Tibet GTX's arrived in 10.5 and were just a touch too small as my toes could be pushed hard to touch the end, so on a downhill would likely be painful. New way of shopping I resisted cause I'm a bit old school but went ahead and ordered the Tibet GTX from REI in size 11 and the Kennetrak Mountain Extremes in 11 from Sportsman's Warehouse. Both have them mail order but not in their local stores so this is how it has to be done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back