Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Losing access

Yes, I will stand by the “spend tremendous amounts of money to improve habitat and increase game #’s” statement. And I’m not just talking about feeding corn for bait when hunting. I mean large scale habitat/brush/forest/food plots etc. Big $’s because it can bring big in $’s or dramatically increase recreational opportunities for the ones spending the $.
Yes some landowners do, just like some landowner who don't lease do, or some orgs do on public land. Likely impossible to say the percentage of private landowners that are doing habitat work versus 'animal attracting'. Certainly there is a lot of people spending money on habitat on private land.

Hate nonresident’s all you want- they are coming in droves to hunt and resettle permanently because the places they came from no longer hold the opportunities they seek, be it hunting or financial or general lifestyle. Quite literally the reason that current residents of the western states either moved there or their great grand-pappy did. Tale as old as time…
Totally agree. I'm responding to this "Having lived in Texas my whole life some of the leasing conversations at times strike me as funny"... I find it funny that people from XXX complain about people moving in and changing XXX and then not seeing the irony when the reverse happens.

There is also an irony of people complaining about no access in the privatized portions of the country and then moving and trying to get rid of the public opportunities in the west. See --> New Jersey Gov of MT et al.

If I move to Texas, I'm not going to try to make it not Texas anymore.

Yes some landowners do, just like some landowner who don't lease do, or some orgs do on public land. Likely impossible to say the percentage of private landowners that are doing habitat work versus 'animal attracting'. Certainly there is a lot of people spending money on habitat on private land.

Totally agree. I'm responding to this "Having lived in Texas my whole life some of the leasing conversations at times strike me as funny"... I find it funny that people from XXX complain about people moving in and changing XXX and then not seeing the irony when the reverse happens.

There is also an irony of people complaining about no access in the privatized portions of the country and then moving and trying to get rid of the public opportunities in the west. See --> New Jersey Gov of MT et al.

If I move to Texas, I'm not going to try to make it not Texas anymore.
Wasn’t really advocating for losing access and I’m sure the situation you described near your childhood home is very frustrating. I was just stating that as someone from a place where virtually everything is private and trespassing laws are rigorously & enthusiastically prosecuted, just the fact that you ever had that much access amazes me (“funny” might not have been exactly what I was trying to convey) and makes me jealous.

Wasn’t really advocating for losing access and I’m sure the situation you described near your childhood home is very frustrating. I was just stating that as someone from a place where virtually everything is private and trespassing laws are rigorously & enthusiastically prosecuted, just the fact that you ever had that much access amazes me (“funny” might not have been exactly what I was trying to convey) and makes me jealous.
Massachusetts law says you can hunt private without permission as long as it's not posted.

Colorado says no hunting without permission.

The MA law is very cool, if we ever buy land I'm not going to post it (esp if it isn't already posted), try to keep that tradition going. 🤷‍♂️

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back