Looking forward to the day it happens in NC

NCSU_Lewis

I'm sure it will be long odds when it does, but hopefully sooner rather than later a few tags will be issued in North CarolinaIMG_1575.jpg

That thing looks like it's momma was screwing around with some of the hogs.

They for sure have the life of luxury in Great Smokey Mountains National Park right now. Plenty of food and easy winters.

My wife said, I can't believe you're going all the way to Montana to hunt elk when they're right here in NC. I told her, I'll never get an opportunity to hunt elk in my lifetime here!
It is nice to see them doing well though.

My wife said, I can't believe you're going all the way to Montana to hunt elk when they're right here in NC. I told her, I'll never get an opportunity to hunt elk in my lifetime here!
It is nice to see them doing well though.

Yeah, if they can keep the "farmers" from killing them and claiming crop damage and reduce the car collisions which are killing even more. As much time as I spend in the Smokies I've failed to see enough farm crops in those narrow valleys worth mentioning, but there are a good number of people up there who were and still are resistant to their reintroduction and will use any opportunity to keep the program from being successful.

Yeah, if they can keep the "farmers" from killing them and claiming crop damage and reduce the car collisions which are killing even more. As much time as I spend in the Smokies I've failed to see enough farm crops in those narrow valleys worth mentioning, but there are a good number of people up there who were and still are resistant to their reintroduction and will use any opportunity to keep the program from being successful.

Maybe they like the meat. Do they get to keep them?

Unfortunately, a lot of the crops they have are high value produce like tomatoes and melons. Not trying to justify it, just looking at both sides. I had a roommate from up there during school, and it was interesting to get his view. He was all for it, was into RMEF because of it and all, but definitely still pushback from people around him. I hope a solution can be had. Would love to see them keep expanding.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back