Looking for DIY ideas , something different to hunt

That happens almost every year, almost always in the same 2 or 3 locations. In the OP was mentioned archery as an option and I failed to mention it in my response. There would also be issues with transporting equipment and game through Canada. Just like every trip to mcDonalds, you have to plan out your details( phone, keys, wallet, kids, etc). I enjoy the planning phase almost as much as the trips!
pay attention to any and all regulations and you should be fine.
I’ve only fished reds in AK so far though I can say from that experience it was good to have a knowledgeable resident friend! AK has probably the most detailed and nuanced game regs I’ve ever seen. It would be easy for such an involved gov’t to put a Haul Rd. arcGIS map online showing the sections where the legal rifle areas are located. But that could reduce fine revenue and also make it boring for those of us who like to immerse in planning.

How much time do you have?
No time restraints but I’m planning on around 6 weeks.
Will be taking my bow but plan on kayaking upstream well past the 5 mile mark where I can be picky with my rifle.
Also taking a fishing pole, shotgun, my dog and my wife.
Hopefully floating out with the current loaded with caribou.

I’ve only fished reds in AK so far though I can say from that experience it was good to have a knowledgeable resident friend! AK has probably the most detailed and nuanced game regs I’ve ever seen. It would be easy for such an involved gov’t to put a Haul Rd. arcGIS map online showing the sections where the legal rifle areas are located. But that could reduce fine revenue and also make it boring for those of us who like to immerse in planning.
A man has got to make a living, as does a state, oil won’t last forever!!

No time restraints but I’m planning on around 6 weeks.
Will be taking my bow but plan on kayaking upstream well past the 5 mile mark where I can be picky with my rifle.
Also taking a fishing pole, shotgun, my dog and my wife.
Hopefully floating out with the current loaded with caribou.
^^^this^^^
I can only ‘like’ once or I would.
Lots and lots and lots of pics.

If you’re looking for something a little different and super fun/exciting come down to FL for an alligator hunt. It’s all done with primitive weapons (bow, harpoon, snatch hook) and you get up close and personal to some dinosaurs!
My son wants to do this bad. The biggest problem are the season dates. Middle of Sept to Nov 1 interfere with too many big game seasons and trips out west.

… But if anyone has a good guide recommendation, send me a PM. Would be a cool backup option if there comes a bad tag draw year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back