Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Looking for DIY Deer Processing Ideas

This year I started doing the gutless method. Takes twice as long as gutting, but it's wayyy easier and faster in the long run. I quarter in the field, then clean it up and package at home on the table. Nothing fancy. Don't even need to hang it!

One thing I do is use plastic tubs for the meat once I bone it out. There about 2.5 gallons and fit in the fridge. I took some wire baking racks and bent/cut them to fit in the bottom of the tub to help drain the blood off of the meat.

I am a fan of processing in the garage. The dog cleans up anything that is dropped and the small amounts I miss are dried up and not required to mop afterwards. I use 4 LEM Meat Lugs for different cuts. I do all my cutting on a folding table I got from Walmart. Beer fridge directly across from butcher area. I line a trash barrel with a large bags to put the remaining bones and trim into. 1 bin for the backstraps, loins and whole roasts that can be marked and vaccuum sealed right away, then the next bin for burger trim, and another bin for random preferred cuts, etc. The LEM lugs fit good under my grinder. No need for cutting boards as it is a Walmart plastic table. The bins also fit in the fridge if I can't grind the same day. After all done, I power wash my table and tubs outside so I don't have to take much into the house. A lot less cleaning for me. For the cost of 1 year processing you could probably have the easy setup. Walmart Table - $50, LEM tubs x 4 $50, Grinder - $150, Sausage Stuffer - $125... then your set. Butchering is one of my favorite parts!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back