Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Looking for boot opinions

mtmiller

Well, 3.5 years on my Scarpa Triolets and they are just about slicked off and some stitching is starting to fail. I use these boots every day, so happy with the longevity. I would by another pair, but can't seem to find them at a discount price (paid $238 for current pair). So now I am looking at Grand Dru, but also curious about La Sportiva, Mammut, Zamberlan. Any input....or anyone with NIB 42.5 Triolets? hahaha

Been putting miles on Zamberlan boots for about 3 seasons. After a ton of side hilling they will soak through after a few hour in wet veg on the sides. Untold mileage so far.

I tried Zamberlan and they hurt my feet. I know other people love them. I would say try them on before you buy.

I've had great luck with La Sportiva. For the price you can find them at it seems like they're very high quality.

They do run narrow though.

My person fav were Asolo Fugitives. But the last two times I've needed them I can't find them on sale so I end up going with something else.

Scarpas are available in the outdoorprolink deal..... got a pair their and love em. I am guessing that your profession may qualify you for that pro-deal...

I’ve been happy with Zamberlan. You are a ProMotive/Expert Voice member, right?

I’ve been happy with Zamberlan. You are a ProMotive/Expert Voice member, right?
Yes. Scarpa and La Sportiva are on there as well. Reason I got the Triolet initially. Probably going Gtand Dru, but is a heavier boot.

I have Lowa Tibet GTX and they have been great for me for the mountains. I am really loving those. I have hundreds of miles on danner pronghorns over 3 seasons on prairie only and they still look great and are waterproof. I do take really good care of my boots and actually clean them and treat them 1-2 times per season. Too much money into them to do otherwise.

Bite the bullet and buy the Scarpas again. You know they work for you and will be worth every penny
Likely what I will do. If they still carried Triolets, I would have already ordered. I bit apprehensive about the weight of the Grand Dru. I get a good discount, but they are still not giving them away.

I just switched to Hanwag Alaska (wide) GTX. Three days into the season and I love them. Prior to that I used Under Armour boot for three years.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back