Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Looking for a New Pack

mhungerford

So i am in the market for a new Pack. i have a badlands superday and i am looking to upgrade to a larger pack that will allow me to do multiple days of hunting out of it i have been looking at the Sitka 45 Bivy Pack. what i am looking for is some of your guys opinions on packs and what pack you use. any help would be nice thanks

My first suggestion would be to move this thread to the “Back pack & gear” section.

Then I would agree with Buzz. After spending some time looking over the Mystery Ranch, I can say it is truly impressive. Built like a tank, comfortable and well designed. Expensive, but it will be the last large capacity back pack you will even need or want. So in the long run, you will probably save money.
I’m also hearing good things about the New Blacks Creek “Barbarian 4500, and Eberlystock is always a good choice.
Just take the time to try on what ever you decide on, sometimes a great pack just doesn’t fit right.

If you want to save some money but still want a quality pack, you could try to snag an old Dana Design. Some are pretty overpriced, but you can catch them on Ebay for a hundred bucks or so every now and then.
I absolutely love mine.

I'm not sure why I have never heard this before but my buddy has a mystery ranch and IMO there noisy as hell, really annoys me.

I'm not sure why I have never heard this before but my buddy has a mystery ranch and IMO there noisy as hell, really annoys me.

I love my MR..but I have to agree with you, it is noisy. I have stripped it all the way down a couple of times and power washed it down. The frame seems to be quite "squeaky" at times. Cleaning it up good helps, but after a couple of hunts it always seems to come back.

Still, it is far and away the best pack I have owned.

I just pulled the trigger on an Eberlestock JustOne pack, so it will be a little while before I am "running" it. I think they make a darn good pack and decided to go ahead and get it after looking for a slightly used MR CC for a long, long time. If I paid full price on a CC, I'd have to bivy away from the wife for a long while...

I'll post my feedback on it the next couple months.

Back