Longest shot...?

I'm thinking the same thing.

DAMN good shooting Critter! As a person fairly new to long range shooting, that is unbelievably good shooting!

Could have been a lucky day. Funny think is that I'm shooting better groups at 4,5,600 than I could at 200. Must be some truth to those 180 bergers not fully stabilizing until 300+ yards.

My two groups at 200 were right at 2"...............but I gave up worrying about it since it was shooting so well farther out.

few pics of sheep and griz killer:)

He is building 4 more by the way similiar to mine. Two are spoken for, still have two available.

Attachments

• rifle 1.jpg
    rifle 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 161
  • rifle 2.jpg
    rifle 2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 162
  • rifle 4.jpg
    rifle 4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 164
  • rifle 5.jpg
    rifle 5.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 163
  • rifle 6.jpg
    rifle 6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 163
  • rifle 7.jpg
    rifle 7.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 163
  • Target.jpg
    Target.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 168
  • milk jug 500yds.jpg
    milk jug 500yds.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 166
That's quite impressive shooting at those distances. Hope your SD card gets here soon. You know, there are ways to get files across the country besides physically mailing them, right? (grin)

PTG bolt on the rifle?

rifle: 610 on an elk
bow: 85 on an antelope

My shots are usually pretty close. Most animals I shoot with a gun are under 100 yards.

Rifle: Lets see...I hit a rock a month or so ago at 1,100 yards..should be good to go from there.

Bow: My sight on my bow dials out past 150 yards. That is my archery goal for this year.

That's quite impressive shooting at those distances. Hope your SD card gets here soon. You know, there are ways to get files across the country besides physically mailing them, right? (grin)

PTG bolt on the rifle?

Yep, PTG bolt.

I would like to say he could have just emailed the pictures but the problem is, there were about 80 pictures on the card and I wanted to look through them all and not just get the low res versions via email:):)

And he isn't super computer savvy so emailing 30 or so emails with a couple pics a piece might have taken longer than mailing the card:)

I am constantly amazed at what sort of groups some hunters, like Critter, are shooting with their hunting rifles. Daaayyyummmmm! I have been shooting rifles since I was a little tiny chit, barely out of diapers. I can kill stuff consistently enough with my old 06' and my $250 scope... but at 600 yards, which by the way I've NEVER shot a group at that distance, I'm almost positive my groups would be many, MANY feet big.

With that said, I've taken those shots!! And missed! Those were days long gone though. Wouldn't do it now. I feel pretty comfortable out to about 400, which is max I practice at...and RARELY.

My longest kill was on a bear at probably 400. All of my elk have been 80-120 yards. Deer about the same. Moose 90 yards.

I did nail two PD's at 475 with a buddys AR last year. That was awesome...for me!

Matt, How much does that gun weigh?

OK....archery. I have missed 2 bulls and slightly, nonmortally wounded one... 25 yards, 25 yards, 37 yards. I can sit and shoot targets, 3d's, etc...from wierd angles, off balance, on my knees, treestands...whatever and hit a 4 inch or so cirlce most every shot at 50-60 yards... But I can CLEAN MISS a bull at 25? Do I need to limit my shots to 10 yards? I dont think so... but maybe?

I practice my bow out to 50 yards, but have shot in 3D archery shoots out to 70 successfully. Both bulls I have shot with my bow were less than 20 yards. I shot my antelop last year at 250 yards with a rifle. That's about my limit with a rifle because I spend a lot more time shooting my bow. I would probably not go any further than 50 yards with my bow for the first shot. I would go out to about 70 or so to put a second one in him if the shot was there.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back