PEAX Equipment

Long Range Practice in CO

CubsFan

Any fellow Coloradans have suggestions where to practice at longer ranges than 100 yards? I'm in the Denver area and it seems like everything nearby is limited to 100 yards. I would like to get some more practice in at 200 - 300 yards before the season starts. Thanks.

Cheyenne mountain shooting complex down on south side of Colorado Springs

There's a pretty nice complex North of Greeley near Ault/Nunn with 300 yd ranges, can't remember the name of it but a Google search should turn it up.

Googled it; Great Guns LLC.

Last edited:
There's a good public range in Chaffee County, can shoot out past 400. Some of the private ranges on the front range have public sight-in days, might check online.

Weld County Fish and Wildlife; and the Pawnee Sportsmans Center come to mind.

Keep in mind, if you go to Cheyenne Mountain you can only shoot a 300/338 mag out at 50, 100, and 300 yards. When I lived out on the front range a few years ago they wouldn't even allow a 300 mag at the range. SO depending on what you are shooting, it may or may not be an issue.

http://carson.armymwr.com/us/carson/programs/cheyenne-mountain-shooting-complex

You can't shoot the .300 mags farther there because the army flies helicopters out behind the range! You can shoot farther with smaller calibers though, up to 420 or so I think...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back