Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Locals

Ovis

Read the forecasts and some of the other forums. Where are you guys having luck with the Kings? I'll be up in a week and a half. Looking to get the girlfriend hooked on Alaska, so I thought what better way to do it than to let her hook into a king.

theres this little river, its not really a big one, so not too many people know about it. It has an ok king run. You will not see many people either. Its called the kenai or something like that. Such a small river I don't even remember if thats the proper name.

Its been in the news lately a guy died there the other day, he fell in but there wasnt any boats around to help and away he went. Rent a sat phone, there is no cell service for 200 miles in there.

Its been in the news lately a guy died there the other day, he fell in but there wasnt any boats around to help and away he went. Rent a sat phone, there is no cell service for 200 miles in there.

Oh man I almost forgot about that. You don't hear much news from the kenai. But you forgot to give the most important details. He was pulled into the water by a 105 lb king. They said if he would of let go of the pole he would still be alive. But who would let go of a 105 lb king?

I also heard that then the 105 lb king was ate by an killer whale. And then the killer whale was ate by an orca.

Crazy times on the kenai

You two homos don't even fish...

The Kenia has been pretty good and the Parks streams are picking up. To be honest I think Ship Creek has been producing as good as any place. :) Check out AOJ for reports.

To be honest I think Ship Creek has been producing as good as any place.

Have to agree with you there, its just like everywhere else you never catch shit :) Wyo doesnt fish much but get out every know and then.

Ok on a real note, i have put in my time this year at ship (about 15 hours) and have seen 2 reeled in and about 10 laying next to people but havent got one bite. Yes they are coming in and people are catching them every now and then but king fishing is slow and chances are she might not interest her much and the fact your still in Los Anchorage. I talked to some people sunday that had been on the kenai for 3 days and one got a jack one got a 55 pounder with 4 of them fishing (run should be alot better by the time your here and the late run should be coming strong by then). Last year i hooked 2 kings one small one out of Deep creek and one bigger out of Kenai and must say the smaller rivers are more run.If it was me i would take her out for halibut or maybe down out of Seward and troll for kings your chances are much greater and she wont think its lame because she will have lots of fish to bring in.

Here is last weekend and one from last year just to get you pumped for the trip :) We are headed south again this weekend but not in search of kings.

P1070569.jpg

3825150277_ea65719f64_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hitting the Kenai & Russian up for reds for sure. Thought about doing the Parks or Klutina/Gulkana up for Kings and then making a dash to McCarthy. We will probably go down to to Shit Creek and watch, but we won't spend any time there fishing. Too much to see outside of town and I'll have the kids with me.

hahaha what indian larry didn't tell you is that 2nd one is a dead spawned out salmon ;)

The other side was chewed up by a bear....or a killer whale....or an orca....or maybe a killer whale orca.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back