Load of Mulies

2rocky

had a customer come in with a picture from Back in the Early 60's. Five guys from here in Northern CA went back to SW Wyoming on a mule deer hunt and it worked out Pretty darn good.

Who says you need a 4WD to hunt in the West?

in case you can't tell, there are 5 bucks in this photo. Today these guys grandsons are still hunting the Coastal canyons for blacktail and heading to their grandpa's Wyoming haunts when they can get drawn.

Attachments

• jcm.jpg
    jcm.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,527
Cool photo. I'd really like to get a look at that monster on the back.

Oak, I'm waiting for my customer to bring in the newspaper clipping that ran from that hunt, and some other pictures. Even in the "good old days", it was pretty spectacular.

Man do I love these old pictures...
Sure bet those old timers could tell some good stories.

I love pictures like that. If you are ever in Stanford, check out" The Water Hole" for some similar pictures of unreal local mulies. Wonder what the average age is of that load of bucks?

those days ae over we'll never see hunting like that again. When everyone in the group shoots a 170 plus buck and stack them up like cord wood. My dad has a pic of a 34 incher in the back of his truck, someone stoled it at the taxidermist all he has is a pic.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back