Living in the Country

DRAFTSTUD

It seems as if I am a magnet for things that happen in the Country. I have learned if you live in the Country and have a 4-Wheel drive truck that love stricken teen agers will wake you up in the middle of the night to pull their momma's car out of a mud hole. Always fun asking them "What were you two doing out here". Red Faces will appear!
Also you have to tell them that when I back this Scout II to you bumper I am gonna give you this strap and YOU put it on whatever you can replace later! I almost pulled a Monte Carlo to pieces one night! That was fun!
Another great one is having them wake you up and finding their truck in the ditch with the headlights looking for German Bombers! I pulled them out and told them they could come back tomorrow for their keys, call a friend!
This morning my luck continued. I was sound asleep when I thought I heard the Doorbell ring, then again which is when it dawned on me to jump up and check it out. I ran downstairs and turned on the 3 porch lights that have doorbells and walked out the side door to find a young lady come out from my front porch. She and her "Boyfriend" had had a fight at a BBQ and she had fled into the woods, she was all scratched up from running though the woods and had a busted lip along with she was missing a shoe. She had been turned away from one house and said she had been sleeping in a rocking chair on the porch for a couple of hours before she got too cold from being wet and rang the door bell.
I got her into the Kitchen and said let me call the Police for you, well she was not going for that. In this case you don't know the History of this event so you have to let them make up their own bed. I had her clean herself up while I talked to her step brother who came to get her. While waiting I spoke to her about how abuse cannot be allowed to just be forgotten, the next girl may not be so lucky. Turns out she had a 17 and a 9 year old at home, so this event became clearer to me. Here was a young woman who was wanting someone to share life's burdens and she had chosen wrong. I know a dozen just like her. My wife never knew this happened until she came down to find 2 glasses of tea and a towel on the kitchen island. She was mad at me for not getting her up.....well?
I hit Re-dial this morning and she did get back home and the Saints play today and I can catch up on my sleep then! John

Last edited:
Phone calls and doorbells after midnight ain't never clearinghouse sweepstakes money.

Draftstud

Good answer.

There is an I in child and that child needed protection, You provided it.

You did good!

If I had did that to my wife, she would have beat me with a broom. You must have a very understanding wife!

HA! My wife and Family has been on my arse all day about why I never woke her up. I guess to be my wingman......and they are right. John

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back