Yeti GOBOX Collection

LittleNut gets 2nd deer

Nut

Today is day one of 2 of a Youth Gun Season. I went out with TE this morning and got busted twice. This afternoon TE went with Mom (he messed up again on a nice buck) while I took LittleNUt. We all went to same area at first. Martin got tired of sitting so we went to a spot I wanted to check out. I parked and then we started up the field to explore. We had walked about 100 yards when we see 2 deer ahead of us. They see us the same time and start to leave when Martin fires and drops the bigger doe. It looks like a spine shot to me the way the deer was moving. So we start to go ahead when I see another doe coming towards me. I tell Martin to get down. Well I see another deer and it was a basket rack 6 pointer with a very black shade to it's antlers. They know something is wrong and go off another way.(Did not matter since I was a non-hunting adult and Martin only had one tag which only could be used for antlerless since he already got his 1 buck for the year)

WE get to the doe and it is still alive.So I have Martin shoot again (in the head so no more meat gets wasted and that is why the pic is the way it is ;) )

I believe this will be his last deer of the year at least until some of his brothers and parents get a tag filled

deterdoe111905.jpg

Back