Little girl shooter

Sagesniffer

So here's my problem.
My daughter is 10 and has started to take an interest in shooting. She has shot a single shot 22LR and a Ruger 10/22. She really likes the 10/22 for it's semi automatic ability. My problem is that she is very small for her age, like very small. So of coarse she doesn't fit any of these rifles which in turn makes her marksmanship suffer. I have a AR-15 with the standard adjustable stock. I had an idea so I collapsed the stock all the way and let her try it on. It fit great and she even fired the AR which made me so proud that she was brave enough to shoot the black rifle.
So what I need help with is, are there any semi-automatic 22LR rifles that have an adjustable stock? Something like the stock on an AR. Or are there any other ideas on how to get her to fit a rifle so she can improve her marksmanship and build her confidence?
Thanks

The title of this thread threw me off a bit. Yikes.
As for the custom stocks, I haven't looked into this myself, but imagine I will soon have to with my youngens. There are so many options for customizing the 10/22, though, I can't imagine that they wouldn't have smaller or adjustable stock. Please keep us updated on what you decide to do!

There are stocks for the 10/22 that are adjustable like that on the AR. Many companies make 22lr rifles that are patterned after the AR, adjustable stocks and all. Then there's the option of getting a 22lr upper or conversion kit for your current AR. I went a bit of a different route. I bought a used wood 10/22 stock and cut it to fit. Some glue and a trimmed flipflop made for a buttpad. Then I turned my son loose with a couple can's of spray paint to customize it!

S&W MP15-22 is a slick little rifle. That's my go-to for my 8 year-old, as she is very small as well (can't even @#)(# the Red-Ryder yet).

I put the Blackhawk Axiom stock (second link in above post) on a 7mm-08. The kids love it and it fits everybody.
If you're looking for an excuse to buy a new gun, there is a Ruger 10/22 model with sliding stock. It's called the TacStar.

Wow! thanks guys for the awesome ideas. I am very excited about the two ideas from MJE2083, those look like prefect solutions, and affordable too.
Thanks everybody!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back