Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ling For Coyotes-R-Us

Big Sky

Coyotes-R-Us made a post about ling fishing yesterday. It got the wheels turning in my head and the next thing you know my fishing pard and I hatch a plan to go fishing right after work last night. I'd never caught a ling before, but my first night was a great indoctrination! I had a blast. We ended up with 9 ling and two really decent rainbow trout. It was super fun, and I see me doing this again soon! Thanks for the motivation Coyotes-R-Us, without your post we probably wouldn't have gone for another couple of weeks. I do have to say though, they are some of the strangest looking fish I've ever caught. They look like a cross between an amphibian and a fish.

Troy%20Adams%20ling%2012-11-15H_zpsiusqmja6.jpg

Heavy stringer.
Troy%20Adams%20ling%2012-11-15A_zpsmtfvkqxi.jpg

Those are nice ling Troy! Enjoy eating them, they are superb.

Boil in salt water and dip in melted butter and sprinkle with some Cajun seasoning.

What time do you want me over? I'll bring beer.

NICE !!!!!!

Wish you would have called me .
Now you have crossed over to the dark side of fishing.
Please keep the info about huge monster trout caught at night with sucker meat.
That's my little secret.
If all those drift fishermen only know what they where "Drifting" over..

We just use the meat off the "Tail" Skinning them first chunk it up and beer batter it and deep fat fry it .
Great eating !

:hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::

Last edited:
Them don't look like coyotes!!! but they are good eating.

I'm open to any recipe ideas...

Bacon wrapped baked Burbot.

Cut into 1 inch chunks. Lightly salt and pepper or you can marinade with jack daniels bag marinade teriyaki.

Wrap in bacon and secure bacon with tooth pick. Bake at 300 for ten mins,

Burbot fish sandwiches

Lightly Fry Burbot in sunflower/peanut/olive oil. After cooked fork into a bowl, then add mayo and relish and mix. Apply mix onto sandwiches.

Poor Man's Lobster

Cut into 1 inch chunks and boil in salt and sugar water.

Melt butter and dip chucks in butter.

I haven't found a way to cook burbot poorly, but I'm sure any recipe for cod would work fantastically for burbot.

I appreciate the recipe recommendations. I will give some of them a try before this week is over. If ling tastes anything even close to lobster I will be hooked. They sure are a whole different kind of a fish.

Back