Life's advice and phrases....

"Life is too short to drink shi!!ty beer or cheap whisky". My best friend.

An old boss.....
when asked about the status of something: " I can see up a pigs ass just as far as you"
Same guy commenting on on new engineer who was as eager as they were clueless...."you put that brain in a sparrow and the f**ker would fly backwards".

Another for those who struggle with common sense......"They couldn't find their ass with both hands and a flashlight" My dad.

Last edited:
"A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby

And

"Any meal that is made for you is a good meal, any meal that is made for you and is edible is a Damn Good Meal" - Marriage advice given to me by a good friend's Dad the year I got engaged to my wife.

Last edited:
Back in college one night scrounging up cash for top shelf beer (keystone ice) 🤮. I pulled my wallet to give $10 and all I had was a $20. I told my buddy give me a $10 back. He said no we need it. I said u got $80 that enough for to much beer. He said "it's not having to much beer I'm worried about, it's the running out part that scares me"

Well I donated $20

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt

When it comes to volunteering, championing a cause, or the pursuit of other worthy efforts I'm partial to TR's man in the arena quote:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” - Teddy Roosevelt

Here I post some of my favorite Mark Twain quotes, enjoy:

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.”

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”

“If we were supposed to talk more than listen we would have been given two mouths and one ear.” http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1655.Mark_Twain
“Classic’ – a book which people praise and don’t read.”
“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.”

“I did not attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.”

“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
“There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy, and a tragedy.”
“My books are water; those of the great geniuses are wine.(Fortunately) Everybody drinks water.”
“Often it seems a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat.”
"Some of the worst things in my life never happened."
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself."

Last edited:
“You’re right, but you’ll be dead right.”
- Grandpa to my Dad when learning to drive. I find it applicable in many situations

Back