Caribou Gear Tarp

Lifelong hunter in Northern Cal.

Welcome to the 707. I'm on the southern end of that Area Code. Your BT's are bigger...

Welcome to HT

I have the same curse. Grew up hunting in B6. There were some patches of poison oak that bambis dad could have been standing in and I would have let him walk.
I've decided that I'll be hunting B1 and B6 this year over by Happy Camp. Just ordered maps to study and get it down in my head. I've heard that B6 holds more deer but that B1 is good too. In the mean time Ill be building up the points for X1 or X4.

Hello, Bird, from Sooner State. Friendly advice. Please don't bash or rave excessively about particular guns, firearms brands, firearms designs, loads or calibers. It might hurt some people's feelings. We all have our favorites.

Hello, Bird, from Sooner State. Friendly advice. Please don't bash or rave excessively about particular guns, firearms brands, firearms designs, loads or calibers. It might hurt some people's feelings. We all have our favorites.
I dont believe that I've mentioned anything about any of those topics.....have I missed something?

I noticed that in the regs. What's the reasoning behind one B zone starting early?

Since all B zones are under the same tag they are just trying to spread the potential harvest and/or pressure out a bit…same with the staggers in C zone.

If you're hunting Happy Camp, two advices- get a bear tag (they’re thick there and in the Alps in B) and be very aware of grows. Chains/cables across FS secondary roads are NOT uncommon and be sure to call them in if you encounter them. Good luck!!!

Since all B zones are under the same tag they are just trying to spread the potential harvest and/or pressure out a bit…same with the staggers in C zone.

If you're hunting Happy Camp, two advices- get a bear tag (they’re thick there and in the Alps in B) and be very aware of grows. Chains/cables across FS secondary roads are NOT uncommon and be sure to call them in if you encounter them. Good luck!!!
Thanks for the advice Marv. I've heard about the grows. Shame. I will be packing the bear tag for sure. I make sure to do that every time while hunting C and X1 and X4. To many times I've come across bear while hunting and couldnt take it. Starting getting that tag after the third time. lol.

Thanks for the advice Marv. I've heard about the grows. Shame. I will be packing the bear tag for sure. I make sure to do that every time while hunting C and X1 and X4. To many times I've come across bear while hunting and couldnt take it. Starting getting that tag after the third time. lol.

Yeah my dad was a logger, we lived in Arcata and Redding, hunted the hell out of all NorCal in my youth. Grows around HCamp are prevalent but at least are primarily the locals making some extra coin since there is no industry any more. You drop south in the B towards Mendocino it’s a totally different animal- Cartel grows. Legalizing in Cali made ZERO difference in trespass grows, those folks aren’t going to buy a business license, insurance, pay taxes, etc.. it’s pretty much business as usual.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back