Caribou Gear

Life will never be the same. I’m so happy!

I can see it now…

Wife: “why did you buy a new rifle?”
Me: “it’s for our baby girl. Doesn’t she deserve to have the best things in life??”
Wife: “she’s only a few days old why does she need a .300 win mag?”
Don’t laugh, but both my boys got .22’s for their first Christmas. One was 3 weeks old, the second was 6 weeks.

Also welcome to the club. Best job you’ll ever have.

Congrats partner it doesn't get any better than that. It sure is fun to watch them grow come into their own.

Hard to believe mine are already 11 and 8. It does go quick. Get em in the woods as much as you can!

Congrats! You’re life is totally changed now.

Mine was born early October, it will be tuff next year when you want to go hunt. I killed my biggest buck a month after she was born and it was as one of the least fun hunts I’ve had. She turned two the day I left this year for my first solo elk hunt. We watched a ton of hunting and camping shows on YouTube the first few months of her life and we still do. She now uses cardboard bugle tubes and has mimicked cow calls and bugles before she spoke.

Every day is an adventure. Things will be tuff at first, you’re gonna be tired, but it does get easier in some ways. Every time she does something new you’ll be amazed

She now uses cardboard bugle tubes and has mimicked cow calls and bugles before she spoke.
That’s so awesome!
I looked at the dates and luckily she was born between Colorados 2nd and 3rd rifle season, so her birthday can’t interfere with hunting trips 😉
I’m sure it will be impossibly hard the first time I have to leave her though.

Yesterday at 7:30pm my wonderful wife gave birth to our daughter, Lilah. After 24 hours of labor she was exhausted. Both mom and baby are healthy and doing great.
My little girl is already an accomplished pooper (just like her daddy) and I couldn’t be more proud.
She’s laying with me now as I read sheep hunting stories and I can’t help but daydream about the day we get to go on our first outdoor adventures together. I know I have a long road and many sleepless nights ahead of me but somehow I’m not afraid. Maybe it hasn’t hit me yet. Maybe I’m just overwhelmed with euphoria.
Today is a good day.
Children are amazing, and grow up so quickly, enjoy this special time

That’s so awesome!
I looked at the dates and luckily she was born between Colorados 2nd and 3rd rifle season, so her birthday can’t interfere with hunting trips 😉
I’m sure it will be impossibly hard the first time I have to leave her though.
Brother, I can’t even explain. You’ll get to experience it though. Just remember that you still need to do the things that make you you and so does your wife.

Congratulations…from someone who has two grown daughters I can tell you life as you knew it is over. You’ll change diapers and go without sleep, maybe hunt a little less at first, but it’s so much fun watching them grow and taking them hunting and fishing! Plus all that boring stuff my wife made us do was fun too! Seriously though of all the hunts I’ve been on the ones where one of my girls were sitting beside me are by far the absolute best memories I have.
Congratulations again to you and the wife!

Don’t laugh, but both my boys got .22’s for their first Christmas. One was 3 weeks old, the second was 6 weeks.

Also welcome to the club. Best job you’ll ever have.
I got a .410 single shot for Christmas when I was five. Both of my girls got the same at 3…my mother in law lost her mind with my first girl! I didn’t care. They have to bond with them! Get the feel of the gun! 😁

Congrats! I raised great son and now have 2 beautiful granddaughters! You throw the switch and everything pink! Camo! Bow! Fishing! Its the GREATEST gift anyone can ever receive! Enjoy EVERY second, it goes by so fast'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back