Lever work

Carried mine for elk on the Oregon coast this year, but didn't have any opportunities. Marlin 45-70. I wouldn't shoot it across much of a canyon, but it's right in its element sneaking around in the bushes.

QQ

A lever gun with a muzzle brake? Blasphemy! Well, except that I have a Vortex 2-7x32 on mine, so I probably shouldn't talk too much. ;)

QQ
I was going to do a suppressor. But my suppressor guy was slacking, and i decided it would screw up the balance too much for the quick offhand shooting i do when calling bears, so brake it is. But man, 16" barrel 444 with a brake rings your bell shooting it, and dont exactly have time to put in ear plugs in a calling scenario, life comes at you fast!

I did get a cerakote job to further my blasphemy 🙃 added a laminate stock too, and just today put on a sig romeo7 7395b3e6112e5d4b5c95a39cf46e4ea5.jpg

Savage model 99 .300 Savage

Anyone get any lever work in this year? I know there are a few guys that have. Let’s see them.
Haven't yet but hope springs eternal. A statewide hunting forum I'm on starts a lever gun challenge every year so this year I've been carrying a Marlin 336 in 32-20, determined to get one with it. If the bucks don't cooperate I'll have to settle for a doe to augment the meat supply.

Haven't yet but hope springs eternal. A statewide hunting forum I'm on starts a lever gun challenge every year so this year I've been carrying a Marlin 336 in 32-20, determined to get one with it. If the bucks don't cooperate I'll have to settle for a doe to augment the meat supply.
I found a late doe tag close to home and took advantage of getting some meat in the freezer. Hope you can do the same sir.

My lever gun was a fun, albeit expensive project. I have a Marlin 1894 as a base. The gun has a happy trigger and cerakote from Wild West guns. I big loop from Wild West guns and a leather wrap for loop and leather raised cheek pad. I also added a Leupold VX-5. It is a great shot range rifle and I can realistically hold two inch groups at 100. I bought it for thick east coast woods hunting. It is one of my favorites.

I have always loved lever guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back