MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Lever Action

This is what I was getting at. This is an original version of the 1895. Only about 5000 were made. It is substantially different than the version that was built from a 336 and simply labeled 1895 for some reason.

This picture was taken after Bubba 1.0 got done with it, but before Bubba 2.0 got started.

Attachments

• Marlin 1895 Nov 2013 A.jpg
    Marlin 1895 Nov 2013 A.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 13
This is what I was getting at. This is an original version of the 1895. Only about 5000 were made. It is substantially different than the version that was built from a 336 and simply labeled 1895 for some reason.

This picture was taken after Bubba 1.0 got done with it, but before Bubba 2.0 got started.
I know, and I like the old square bolt Marlins. I love classic lever guns even though I only have a beater Win 94, but I like the new “1895” as well.

Brent, I like em all...

I shot my first deer with my Grandpa's 30-30 marlin. I took it hunting last year for whitetails in the black hills for nostalgia reasons. Chances are I'll pass that gun down to my nephew, he would be the 4th or 5th person in the family to shoot his first deer with that rifle.

April my Marlin 45/70 gets a couple of hours direct carry every day. Morning and evening I take the dogs for a 3 mile. Common to see bears, that old guide gun feels comfortable.
probably two nights a week we have to deal with a bear in camp. They wander out of Katmai NP, follow the river and bump into us. Usually not a big deal, still though I like the feel of that old rifle.
some times it goes in the float plane if I’m guiding a bear infested stream. Damn rifle gets way more action then any of my custom or factory guns.

I have an old 336 in 35 remington
One of the Walmart clearance Marlin 45/70's
And a guy at work just gave my son a marlin 39A the lever is stuck open on it and doesn't look like it is assembled right. It also has some surface rust from being stored in a case. We will be starting in on it soon and get it fixed and cleaned up. I have been thinking about adding some good sights and the big loop lever to the 45/70, I am going to use it if I ever draw a buffalo tag.

First rifle was a pre-64 Winchester 30-30 that I still have, 35 years later. I have taken about 5 deer and somewhere between 200-300 pigs with it. And it still shoots great. One of the best triggers I've ever tried on any lever gun, ever. Not sure how I got so lucky.

To date, one of my favorite rifles to hunt with is my Winchester lever action .308! I’ve used it for speed goats, elk, and deer. It was my dad’s originally and was used for whitetail in the Midwest and I love having it out here in CO
Is that not a Savage 99? I'm confused.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back