Leupold week

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just boarding a plane home following meetings with Leupold product development and engineering folks. As impressive to get a such a detailed plant tour as it is exciting to see the new product designs they are bringing to the hunting market.

Anyone who got to see their impact and resiliency testing would never again worry about quality and durability of their Leupold scope. That level of testing and abuse explains why their customer service folks can turn things around so fast and provide such a high level of service - they don't have a very heavy workload in customer service.

Hearing the high level military guys explain why they use Leupold as their scope of choice is very impressive. I wish that plant tour I got could be put on video without violating DOD rules. Just that would sell more rifle scopes than an TV episode.

More impressed than ever.

Looks like somebody is showing off! Dang, that's nice line-up of rifles and scopes. I know I like the Leupolds that I have!

I just put a Leupold Ultimate Slam scope on my muzzleloader last night. This is the second one I have bought and I love them both.

Just want to make sure the sponsors are aware their investment in OYOA/Fresh Tracks is greatly appreciated.

Agreed...

Attachments

• buck1.jpg
    buck1.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 474
You better not be coming home with out a 2.5x8 VX3 for me. :)

Love Leupold. The VX3 is worth every penny you pay for it, and more. Great company, outstanding ethic and great folks to deal with. I'm a very happy customer.

But this guy says Leoupolds are a bunch of crap. We all know it is not true.

MT,

Leupolds of today are not the Leupolds of 15-20 years ago. Coupled with the huge increase in the amount of people "dialing" and problems become routine. I see hundreds of Leupolds shot and used every year. 80% of them have issues straight out of the box whether it's canted reticles, incorrect adjustments, inconsistent adjustments, failure to return to zero, etc. Within a few hundred rounds most will have lost zero or have a significant problem.

All the people that say they've never had a problem is an interesting phenomenon and either means that they don't shoot all that much and/or don't test their scopes for tracking, repeatability and return to zero.

I was talking to young guy last year who was working on a framing crew. I mentioned my new rifle and he asked what scope I had on it. I said the Mark 4. He proceeded to tell me he had just returned from a tour in the middle east and he said those things are "on many of our weapons over there". He said he witnessed one take a round to the tube and still operate. I have no reason to doubt him but any equipment that our military uses usually is high quality stuff. I know they use other brands as well which says much about those models as well.

I dunno. I have a Leupold scope on my silhouette rifle and I still miss targets, and another Leupold scope on my hunting rifle and I still shoot small elk. Couldn't be me, could it?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back