Leupold VXR

noharleyyet

Have been waiting for an excuse to get one of these big tubed illuminated reticle'd scopes for a while. Went with the 4x12x40 windplex CDS. Chose Talley extended lows...lapped the rings & torqued the screws while waiting for the bolt to get back from Kampfeld in Idaho. No collimation device....put the firedot on the 10 ring 100 yards away and looked thru the bore, didn't touch the turrets. First two shots almost touching 5 inches right and 1 inch low...tracked precisely to zero with 3 sets of 2 shots and one last set of three....4 test sequences, all delineated by turret correction/response. Very impressed with tracking precision. I'd 'read' that optical quality was close to the VX3...I agree. Very clear and bright. In my optimism (and mind's eye), I had pre determined the VXR to be a 'value' VX6 but to be fair, there's a discernible physical and optical difference between the two, understandable given the price differential, however, the firedot operates the same on both.

If you haven't dealt with Predator, do yourself a favor and check with Pat next time you need glass.

Not that anyone needs an excuse for a new scope, but I think you've provided compelling justification. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back