Which new Leupold scope for my new Savage Model 110 Long Range Hunter in .300 WSM?

US Optics it top tier glass. In good company with Nightforce, Steiner, Swarovski.
They don't do a lot of advertising.
People looking to buy them, already know of them, and they are sought after.

Not dissing Leupold at all! They are a good optics, no question about that!
Just for the price, i can't see me NOT going for a US Optics.

US Optics it top tier glass. In good company with Nightforce, Steiner, Swarovski.
They don't do a lot of advertising.
People looking to buy them, already know of them, and they are sought after.

Not dissing Leupold at all! They are a good optics, no question about that!
Just for the price, i can't see me NOT going for a US Optics.
Thanks for letting me know. If I can find some to get my hands on around here that would be nice. I would be interested in checking them out.

You really can't go wrong with a Leupold VX-5..
Give Schmalts a call!
True he does come highly recommended. I would definitely have to save up the $$$, but I want a forever scope on her, not something I want to upgrade in a couple years. Plus I am starting a new job. I am glad my brother is letting me use his Redfield Revenge Hunter 4-12x42 in the meantime. When I get there I will definitely have to reach out. Thanks.

Itself, not too bad of a scope.
I have 2 Redfiield Revenge 4-12X40 with the varmint accu-ranger reticle.
There is better out there for sure, but not bad.

The big seller for me was not needing to take my range finder with me. The scope handles that out to 600 yards.

True he does come highly recommended. I would definitely have to save up the $$$, but I want a forever scope on her, not something I want to upgrade in a couple years. Plus I am starting a new job. I am glad my brother is letting me use his Redfield Revenge Hunter 4-12x42 in the meantime. When I get there I will definitely have to reach out. Thanks.

Take your time then. Figure out what you really want and need.

I was going to mention SWFA as an option to look at.

Itself, not too bad of a scope.
I have 2 Redfiield Revenge 4-12X40 with the varmint accu-ranger reticle.
There is better out there for sure, but not bad.

The big seller for me was not needing to take my range finder with me. The scope handles that out to 600 yards.
I agree it is a pretty good scope. It has that Accu Ranger reticle. I will have to learn how to use it. Should be similar to my Nikon Monarch 3 with BDC but with dots instead of circles.

I am debating on sticking with that and just getting a scope for my Savage A17 or getting the VX-5 or other high quality scope for my .300 WSM and take the Redfield and put her on the .17.

Take your time then. Figure out what you really want and need.

I was going to mention SWFA as an option to look at.
I agree with that. I want to make the right decision without hurting my finances too much so I can actually buy tags to chase after with me new gun, etc... and other gear like quality boots.

I have heard good things about SWFA and have looked on their site. I know a fellow West Virginian by the way of Idaho (BakPakr) has recommended them to me as well. Thank you.

The 300 wsm is a sweet round that can reach out and touch'em. Why not have a rifle and scope to get that range? There are alot of good quality scopes out there with great ED/HD glass these days. There are also alot of options out there for reticles. I am sold on 30mm tubes with a 50mm bell. A good field of view at first and last light is more important to me than weight. There is a difference between what you need and what you like. For me it is also a matter of what I can afford. With a 20 moa rail you are set-up for a good quality dial- up scope. My best advice is to get your hands on different glass. Check out the turrets and different reticles. Find a reticle/scope that you really enjoy looking through. I like that feature of your rifle that you can turn off the brake when you are out hunting. Ringing steel at 600+ yards is alot of fun and good practice. Hey, get out there to the range, work up some loads, burn some powder, and enjoy yourself!

Last edited:
The 300 wsm is a sweet round that can reach out and touch'em. Why not have a rifle and scope to get that range? There are alot of good quality scopes out there with great ED/HD glass these days. There are also alot of options out there for reticles. I am sold on 30mm tubes with a 50mm bell. A good field of view at first and last light is more important to me than weight. There is a difference between what you need and what you like. For me it is also a matter of what I can afford. With a 20 moa rail you are set-up for a good quality dial- up scope. My best advice is to get your hands on different glass. Check out the turrets and different reticles. Find a reticle/scope that you really enjoy looking through. I like that feature of your rifle that you can turn off the brake when you are out hunting. Ringing steel at 600+ yards is alot of fun and good practice. Hey, get out there to the range, work up some loads, burn some powder, and enjoy yourself!
Thank you sir I would have to agree. I am not in a big hurry, but I have an idea of what I want and am willing to wait and save for it. I have it narrowed to those I mentioned at least as far as Leupold goes. I definitely need to get my hands on some glass and see which one I like as you mentioned. I do want to be able to increase my dial range so the 30mm tube and 20moa rail is what I am aiming for and I like some field of view so 44mm-50mm is what I am sticking with. I like that feature as well, so I can do load development with less recoil and if I want to turn it off while hunting I can. I hope to get this set up before next fall and that I can get some loads worked up and find a range at 600+ for practice on steel that way I can be confident at ethical hunting ranges.
I have 35 rounds of one bullet and one powder in various grain weights, but I am waiting for a better day and for a chrono. My brother thinks I should just shoot them for accuracy/consistent groups, then pick a couple of the tighter groups, load up some in those and try for speed with different lengths from the lands, etc... I want to do all the data at once so I am not having to buy more and test some more and more. He has the chrono where he is living currently over 6 hours away, I just dont have the money right now to buy my own. Kind of like I currently don't have the money for the scope I want and need on my .300 WSM.
Thanks again sir, have a great weekend. Hopefully some year I can do a hunt in your home state.

I would go with the LRP with the MOA reticle, I have one and don’t think the crosshairs are overly cluttered and it has the lateral ticks as well
Thanks for the vote. I almost got one back in September from a guy that I know for $500 but sadly I didn’t have the money 💰 as I wanted to go on a trip to Idaho with my Dad and youngest brother. Not long after I got back he traded it at a gun show.

Just me but for what it seems you need 30 mm tubes and 50 mm objectives aren't it. mtmuley

Just me but for what it seems you need 30 mm tubes and 50 mm objectives aren't it. mtmuley
What exactly do you mean? What do you use for your .300 RUMs? What I need is a good job that I can make enough money 💰 to buy what I want when I want so I don’t miss out on sweet deals. Lol 😂 Any advice is appreciated.

Back