Yeti GOBOX Collection

Leupold SHOT show report

schmalts

Looks like Leupold has a great new line up of scopes this year!
The new VX-6, VX-3 and now even the VX-2 will all have the CDS option. Looks like Leupold knows the hunter loves the new CDS system and put it on models like the VX-2 as an option so you don't have to worry about sending your scope in to get it put on.

The VX-1 will not get the CDS option.
Don't confuse the VX-3 and the VX-2 with the past VX-II and VX-III models though:cool: because some of those past models you see on close out will not have the CDS out of the box option.

The RX1000 range finder looks like it is still the king of economical priced rangers and it is so compact and light compared to other brands. Don't wait around for that "coupon" to come in the mail from that large retail chain, my price will be lower without it plus you probably will not pay tax unless you are in WI.

Leupold seems to be a little behind in getting the website up with the changes but they told me they are working on it. I sold a VX-6 to a forum member and he got it $100 lower than the next best price he found but there was no information about how to install the CDS dial on that scope so I asked the rep at the show for some info (CDS dial has to be sent from Leupold and he did not get it yet) . It is a little different install over the past models and Leupold informed me detailed instructions will come with the dial. It is not just a pop off the old one and pop on a new one gig, a couple screws need to be removed and new base with an adhesive patch gets put on. An easy thing once you know what to do.

If you have any questions on the scopes or want any prices give me a PM. You will not find lower prices..

Last edited:
The RX1000 range finder looks like it is still the king of economical priced rangers and it is so compact and light compared to other brands. Don't wait around for that "coupon" to come in the mail from that large retail chain, my price will be lower without it plus you probably will not pay tax unless you are in WI.

I lost my Nikon during archery season this year, and picked up an rx-1000 to replace it. It really is an awesome little range finder. I can't believe how fast it can pick up at ranges of 700+ yards.

Any movement from them on a rangefinder/binocular setup? IIRC Big Fin had one of these in the past, but I don't remember hearing too much about it.

I may be interested in one of those leupold range cinders what kind of price you got on the 1000

I sent you a PM, please PM or email me for future prices, I cannot and will not break the MAP policy enforced by Leupold.:cool:

Schmalts-
Can you send me a PM with price on the RX1000, too? I went to your web site but couldn't find it on there.
thanks!

PM me because I cannot publicly advertise the price for forum members due to MAP (minimum advertised price) policy.
BTW, it is on the website just look in the rangefinder section or do a search but here is a link.
http://predatoroptics.info/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=1185759&pid=76148 But I can say you can figure around $40 off that price shown plus I may eat some shipping for you as well.

Any changes to spotting scopes?

Nothing that was not out before the show that I saw but I will say the Gold Ring 20-60X80mm HD Boon and Crocket edition is a nice looking spotter. It should appeal heavy to eye glass users because it listed as having a 30mm eye relief.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back