Leupold, damn straight.

Ben Long

So I sent a 10-year-old Leupold scope off for a check-up to the home factory in Portland. I also decided to send in a similarly aged rangefinder that had been on the fritz. I knew Leupold would take care of the scope, but didn't think much of the rangefinder. You cannot expect a company to have the same warranty on electronics as optics, especially electronics that are used in the snarly weather conditions of northwestern Montana. Well, they returned my scope, all tuned up, and -- shazam -- a brand new rangefinder. What other companies back up their products like that? Color me impressed.

That's impressive. I used to have a ton of Nikon products and ended up having not 1 but 2 awful experiences with their customer service and so called warranty within the span of 2 months. They wanted me to pay near full value for refurbished units. I will never own another Nikon product again. Ever. I switched to Leupold on my rangefinders recently and have nothing but great things to say about them. Excellent company and service.

I can also say that leupold has been very good with the warranty work they have done for me (only a couple times). They also have very quick turn-around times on their work (warranty and non-warranty) that I have had done.

They go the extra mile and that creates brand loyalty...

My boy's wife inherited an OLD Léopold scope from here grampa.
He used it hard for Many many years. It set in the gun safe a long time too. She went to put it on a rifle she had custom built for her out of a 308 Norma mag also from her grampa. It was a 3X9 I do believe. Anyway it would not adjust to sight it in and only had like 17 clicks of adjustment. So she sent it in to be repaired. A month and she received it back Not only did the rebuild the scope the also gave here the "History" on he scope. It turned out her grampa was not the only owner. Some one else had bought the scope and registered it , then Her GP and now here and they STILL covered it even the shipping BOTH ways. The also included the old style mounts that you could adjust for elevation and windage....
:hump:

Plus, they have a great deal for firearm safety instructors! Their support of instructors really impresses me and made me a lifelong customer!

Leupold continues to impress. Not only do they have great products that they stand behind, but I know they sponsor alot of different youth sports programs around the Portland area. Just a great company all around.

This is all good news. I wish they were more open to discussing their commitment to customer service and their belief that they have a responsibility to reinvest in hunting and conservation. They don't do that, as they do not want people to think they do such merely for some promotional benefit. So, I will provide a bit of that here.

I spent time with Leupold's President/CEO and the VP of Marketing at NRA last week. They are great guys. In our visits, we talked about this commitment to service and conservation.

They summarized it pretty well; "Customers know us for who we are, by how we treat them. We are a hunting company who makes products for hunters. Investing in hunting and conservation is an investment in our future."

I smiled. Not much more to add to what they said. Hard for camera companies, science companies, and other competitors who do not have their core business based on hunting to commit that level of corporate identity to the cause of hunting.

I'm still using a Leupold I bought new 30 years ago. Leupold sets the standard for quality and loyalty to their customers. A treasured American legacy company.

I'm going back to Leupold for some things again too.
I do have Zeiss and Nikon rifle scopes,but Leupolds on the oldest still.
And the Nikon MZ scope might get switched out for a Leupold,now that they make a good one.
Still have a beat-em-up pair of Binos in the truck I was given,back ups.

And I'm looking to get rid of the new Vortex junk rangefinder I bought....useless most of the time.My old Bushnell scout works better..........shoulda got the Leupold.......

I'm going back to a basic Leupold rangefinder. Even a used one,I can rely on Leupold.

This is the reason I only use Leoupold products on my rifles. Binos as well.
A good old fashioned American company that stands behind their product in the rare instance it needs repair no matter how old.

I try to always use leupold scopes, as do my whole family. they are tough and dependable, and the customer service is second to none.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back