Yeti GOBOX Collection

Leupold CDS scopes

Check the hex head screws securing the turret occasionally. I had some that apparently loosened sometime after an out of state hunt range check and trip home. Re zeroed w/out much pain but had it spun freely during a shooting situation I'd'a been SOL.

That's on me though..the turret performs as advertised.

I have had one for a couple years and really do like it. I did have the free spinning turret that Noharly mentioned one time. I think that it was my fault having not tightened the hex heads. It was a sick feeling as I closed the gap on a bull and went to check my turret to make sure it was zeroed and it spun freely. My turret does move off of zero going into and out of my scabbard. I will have a larger scabbard before I use that rifle to hunt horseback. For foot hunting it is perfect.

I have to add though that the dial can definitely get turned if you're putting your gun in a case or in/out of a pack. You've got to be very careful that it's dialed in correctly before you shoot at something.

I have to add though that the dial can definitely get turned if you're putting your gun in a case or in/out of a pack. You've got to be very careful that it's dialed in correctly before you shoot at something.

It can also move when belly crawling through sage brush.

I have had mine for 4 years. I love it, the only thing I regret is getting it calibrated to start at 100 yds, I should have gone to 200. It tracks real well and stops one click after it is set to 100 yds.

I have a VX-2 that is not set up for CDS, but plan on sending it in when I buy my next rifle. If I don't sell it and go for a VX-6 w/CDS instead.

Last edited:
The Leupold CDS was the first turret system I messed with. I am a fan, simple and easy to use. I handload and so after running different loads through the chrony settled on one that was the most accurate and consistent in FPS. At the suggestion of a friend added a zero stop, glad I did.

I know Predetor optics treats members well but I had some Cabelas points to use up. They have the vx2's with cds on sale. $100 off and free shipping. Needles to say I don't have anymore pts.

For those of you who hunt in Montana what do you use for elevation and temperature for your dials? I hunt everything from spring bear to antelope and everything in between. I told them average elevation 6k and temp 20 F thinking of those cold November days looking for elk in the mountains. Just curious what others use. I have yet to try out the scope, just mounted it the other day.

FWIW, I asked a guy who has Leupold make his scopes for his business with his reticle and yardage turrets the elevation question. His opinion was that they would be good for about a 5000' swing. So one set at 6000' would be good from 8500 to 3500'.

I have two and they work great, just make sure you check the set screw every once and a while and get it made early. It seems like the leupold shop that makes these dials dont get in a hurry. I think one of mine the lost or forgot about because it was 3 months until I got it. The dials work good, if you want to get real technical then I guess you should go with a moa dial.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back