MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Let's talk about camp food!

Similar set up with the boil/bag pre made meals. Before the season we decide how many meals (# folks) and then CPO and I generally split that number. We come up with menus of what each of us want to make and then run it by the other to ensure we are good with the choices. This is for dinners. For lunch we stock coolers with a bunch of lunchmeat, cheeses, condiments and have tortillas and bread. We either make up sandwiches to take for the day or come back and eat depending. None of our group are big breakfast folks and generally leave camp EARLY, so we just take granola bars or the like to munch on the hike out of camp. We DO however pack goodies for 1-2 big breakfasts. This will be biscuits (cooked, frozen and pack int) and gravy and either eggs and bacon of pancakes and bacon. One of those is the day before season starts (we are in camp 2-3 days prior) and the other would be for either once we are tagged out or the day before we leave...whichever comes first :)

In addition we each bring our own caches of special snacks for ourselves.

I like to smoke a pork roast and make pulled pork, then vacuum seal it and freeze it. I can then throw the bag in boiling water or take it out of the bag, wrap in foil and throw next to a campfire.

I do the same with lasagna and ribs. We probably do the lasagna the most. Hot dogs over the campfire sure are easy too.

Camping adds about 5 levels to my nutrition tolerance. Just about everything tastes better. The frozen stuff mentioned sounds delicious but I'm never that organized.

I like to make frozen bagged meals,along with a couple of bags of tortillas.
Any and all leftovers can be made into burritos or tacos,heck even stews
and chili's can be rolled up and eaten any time of day or night. 💥
I can’t imagine a camp without flour tortillas. Also nobody has mentioned peanut butter and jelly/jam sandwiches. So simple when needing something quick to stick in my pack. GORP is good but at some point...

Food and fellowship go well together> Breakfast is typically instant oatmeal 50% of the time if not eggs and bacon. Lunch is a bag of sandwiches and snacks. Supper well we almost always have some elk steak and smoked sausage. Sides homemade pickles and pickled redbeets.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back