Caribou Gear

Let's stir the pot here

Now Seager bumps this thread another couple posts... :) 6.5 man(?) bun lubbers will lose ground. I may have to offset this post by meme'ing a creedmoor pic... subject Wllm has not exhausted the meme's so as to not duplicate... Meh, another post count - who cares, duplicity or not. :)

In a world of limited resources the competition for allocation of resources and opportunity to utilize them leaves everyone competing for what they view as “theirs “.

Because we are social by design there is a natural assembly of similarly self-interested who band together to protect or advance their interests.

The efforts of each individual in each assembly is guided by philosophies, world views, or religious beliefs that form the parameters of what is “reasonable and fair” and who should get what.

Throw the intrinsic greed that resides in the heart of men and it is inevitable that even noble attempts to share and treat each other with equity will be hijacked by the manipulative for their own benefit.

My own personal world view is an attempt (often poorly) to put into practice a value that is written into the fabric of the every human and was reaffirmed by Jesus Christ.

“ You shall love the Lord with all your heart and soul and mind and your neighbor as yourself.”

The answer to easing tensions is not further separation into close minded groups intent on advancing their message by silencing all other messages. Nor is it by hyperbole and attempting to marginalize anyone who might disagree with by associating them with the most extreme people who might share some of their views.

Viewing and treating people with respect or disregard based on our perception of whether they agree with our understanding of what is true and reasonable about a certain subject is a simplistic and ignorant approach to relationships. It often leads to the old “Cut off my nose to spite my face,” syndrome.

I haven't read to the end yet but I have to say, "And the second is like into it, that you should love your neighbor as yourself."

This is probably even as important to a somewhat peaceful society. As has been said, too many people don't see the intrinsic value of each person. Instead, many are selfish and self concerned only, not considering the needs of others. Try and remember that each person is someone's son, daughter, mother, father, aunt, brother, sister, uncle, grandfather, etc., not just a random person of no value to you personally.

The old term Divide and Conquer comes to mind. You can either be right or left, if you have middle of the road thoughts you are cast out by both.
Almost seems like its intentionally being set up this way, Nah.. our government would never do anything like that...........

Throw the intrinsic greed that resides in the heart of men and it is inevitable that even noble attempts to share and treat each other with equity will be hijacked by the manipulative for their own benefit.

My own personal world view is an attempt (often poorly) to put into practice a value that is written into the fabric of the every human and was reaffirmed by Jesus Christ.
Amen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back