PEAX Equipment

Let's stir the pot here

SD_Prairie_Goat

Why is the latest trend that if you don't belong to my political party, you must be evil, or stupid, or you name it?

What happened to understanding where your opponent came from to work towards a common compromise?

Watching news lately (both red and blue channels) is it the way they spin all the news these days and instill fear into everyone watching their channel?

Divided politics, divided nation.

It’s like we need a good terrorist attack to bring us together again ....for 5 minutes.

It’s like we need a good terrorist attack to bring us together again ....for 5 minutes.

Replying to my own post. So what. :)

I remember when the towers fell. The country united. Now we fight over the efficacy of killing a terrorist general. Not sure if 9/11 happened again if it would bring us together.

Replying to my own post. So what. :)

I remember when the towers fell. The country united. Now we fight over the efficacy of killing a terrorist general. Not sure if 9/11 happened again if it would bring us together.
Saying were more divided now than ever?

Crazy that it takes something like that to get people to work together toward goals.

Also, theres always that one guy who has a conversation with himself.... haha :p

Crazy that it takes something like that to get people to work together toward goals.

I don’t think it’s as bad as everyone thinks. There are platforms today that amplify voices. I think there has always been those that like/oppose war, guns, abortions and man buns. Its just easier to get your voice heard these days and see the other sides story too.

Why is the latest trend that if you don't belong to my political party, you must be evil, or stupid, or you name it?

What happened to understanding where your opponent came from to work towards a common compromise?

Watching news lately (both red and blue channels) is it the way they spin all the news these days and instill fear into everyone watching their channel?

Why would you start a political rant first thing in the morning? Not cool...
(HUNT TALK FORUM) 〽💥

Ps Did bin laden win?
Sure seems like we’re scared of a lot of things these days.
I don’t really like taking my shoes off for some stranger before I get on a plane 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ps Did bin laden win?
Sure seems like we’re scared of a lot of things these days.
I don’t really like taking my shoes off for some stranger before I get on a plane 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you ask me, yes without a doubt. We lost so many freedoms since that happened. If that was what he was hoping for, he got it. If he wasn't hoping for that, he got it as a side effect.

Latest trend? Lol, been like that since the beginning of time. We forget that those with opposite views are our neighbors, co workers, friends and family. Internet has made it worse perhaps, allows people to say things they would never say face to face. Politics is the dumbest topic in the history of topics to get emotionally involved in. Do we seriously think that we change anything?

I think it ultimately comes down to social media and the competition for clicks. Because of the social media algorithms a view or two of negative political stuff will start feeding you more and more negativity. The “news” in order to keep up with the instant demand and fighting for clicks and viewership now is more focused on getting your attention with outrageous headlines or telling x political party people what they want to hear, not the actual news. The majority of people are not as divided as it may seem, but you would have to put your phone/computer/tv down and go talk to people in person, most people are pretty somewhere closer to the middle.

If you ask me, yes without a doubt. We lost so many freedoms since that happened. If that was what he was hoping for, he got it. If he wasn't hoping for that, he got it as a side effect.
Some public lands in NC were permanently shut down after 9 11. If THAT doesn't piss you off, you have ice water in your veins. We lost a ton after that shitty day

I think it ultimately comes down to social media and the competition for clicks. Because of the social media algorithms a view or two of negative political stuff will start feeding you more and more negativity. The “news” in order to keep up with the instant demand and fighting for clicks and viewership now is more focused on getting your attention with outrageous headlines or telling x political party people what they want to hear, not the actual news. The majority of people are not as divided as it may seem, but you would have to put your phone/computer/tv down and go talk to people in person, most people are pretty somewhere closer to the middle.
Saw an interesting article the other day that basically was saying no one wants to cover topics that both parties agree with since they won't get the clicks, and may scare of their base.

Maybe it comes down to perception, and it probably does, but I will point out Stay Sharps comment as a prime example of what I was getting after.

Some public lands in NC were permanently shut down after 9 11. If THAT doesn't piss you off, you have ice water in your veins. We lost a ton after that shitty day
Remember not having to throw away your pocket knife you forgot about prior to going through security? Ah the good ole days ha. I joke, but in all reality you are correct we lost a ton, no doubt.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back