Let's see your guns!

New-and-Old.jpg

The Winchester Model 54 in .30-06 with Leupold Alaskan 4x scope is my longtime big game rifle. The Model 54 was the first production bolt action hunting rifle. This one was made in 1932, so it's 88 years young now.

The Kimber Adirondack in 7mm-08, with a Zeiss Conquest 3-15 x 42 scope sports a SilencerCo Omega 300 suppressor. It's a lightweight, low recoil rig, now my go-to hunting rifle.

As shown field ready with a full mag the Winchester weighs 9 lbs. 2 3/8 oz. The Kimber including suppressor weighs 7 lbs. 14 1/2 oz.

Weatherby Mark V Weathermark .257bee
Leupold vx 5 3-15x56 illuminated reticle
Leupold backcountry rail
Leupold mark 4 rings.

I have to ask how you like the weather mark, I have been debating on going this route when I finally bite the bullet on a magnum. It’ll probably be the 257, but I haven’t ruled out the 270 either just for the extra versatility.

I have to ask how you like the weather mark, I have been debating on going this route when I finally bite the bullet on a magnum. It’ll probably be the 257, but I haven’t ruled out the 270 either just for the extra versatility.
Like the weathermark so far. Ive only got 5 rounds through it. We built a house that i general contracted myself. I put everything i could on my basspro cards then paid them off with the construction loan. That weatherby was a freebie. 🥰🥰. I like the cerekote. The only complaint i have with the setup is actually the scope choice. With the 56mm optic i had to mount it so high that i actually bought a pad with ammo loops from midwayusa to bring my line of sight up for a better cheek weld. It shoots just under an inch with weatherby ammo in 110 accubonds. I havent had a chance with the kiddos and a new job go stretch it out or even get the cds dial sent off. I really like the fit and feel of the gun though. And i already have a rem 700 classic in 300 wby. I really wanted the 6.5-300 but the 257 filled a better void for me.

Back