Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Let him go

JCS

Here is a picture of a muley that I let go this year. I saw around a half of dozen of this size bucks. I just couldn't pull the trigger. Some might call me crazy but I have several racks this size in my garage. Just looking for that special one.

I rattled this one in to about 20 yards.

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 526
If you would teach me how to rattle them in, I would shoot the pesky ones like him. My shop is not full of mule deer racks of that size, so I need about a half dozen for decor.

Cool pic.

Great buck, but I don't blame you. I'd get kicked out of the "frat" if most knew what bucks I passed this year. :confused::D

You have to be happy with what you shoot or don't. Nobody else!

If you would teach me how to rattle them in, I would shoot the pesky ones like him. My shop is not full of mule deer racks of that size, so I need about a half dozen for decor.

Cool pic.

BF Play the cards right and you may get one of those "Two Yard Shots" again.:D

Great pic - ridiculous post. >>>It is my opinion that you and Oak and host of others (Dink, Greenhorn, BambiStew, this list is long and distinguished like my Johnson) are unreal --- just ho humming on animals like this. I am just jealous.
Anyway, question came up for me this season (as watched, glassed, watched more and hung around does waiting for bucks). Rattling muley's works, but do you ever use or have you heard of scents for these guys?

Cool pic.

You dont want me to teach you to rattle for muleys. Only about 1 in 10 come to me, the rest run away so fast I dont think they stop until they hit the North Dakota border:D

Thats a fantastic photo and great buck. Not to mention your self control. Someday I might be able to pass on the better than average and hold out for THE one.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back