Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lesson learn/glory tag episode

idahohuntr

I watched the Marcus/Michael lesson learned youtube video today and thought it was one of the best ones yet.

The attitude piece is huge. When I watched the hunt series a few months ago I thought to myself if I ever find time to teach hunter education again I would show this series to articulate how important attitudes and finding good hunting partners can be to a successful hunt. Marcus made that hunt a success...he's a role model of how to behave and what to look for in a hunting partner. It's easy when glory tags live up to their reputation and lots of people want to participate and help. It's when things get tough that you can more easily separate the really great hunting partners from the so-so. Bottom line, as discussed in the lessons, hunting partner attitudes will absolutely make or break a hunt and this was a great discussion on the subject...particularly well timed as folks start to draw some glory tags for this fall!

Having a hunting partner who just enjoys the process and being out there makes all the difference. I've hunted with a few "friends" who had bad attitudes and it brought the whole hunting camp down. It makes it a lot easier to wake up at 3am when your hunting partner is cracking jokes.

Having been on hunting trips with a guy that complained a lot, you quickly learn who you are willing to spend your vacation time with.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back