Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

lectric

I’ve been saying lately, if I ever wanted an electric truck I would need to get a topper made of solar panels or I could never take it hunting and therefore not worthy owning...

I’ve been saying lately, if I ever wanted an electric truck I would need to get a topper made of solar panels or I could never take it hunting and therefore not worthy owning...
That sounds so expensive, but it's a good idea!

Couldn't be worse than a tundra...

You have a point there sir! I have a tundra and even though I don’t ever need to do any maintenance on it, the gas mileage absolutely kills me. When it finally dies at 300,000 plus (120,000 to go) who knows what the truck market will look like. I wouldn’t be surprised if gas trucks are becoming a thing of the past.

You have a point there sir! I have a tundra and even though I don’t ever need to do any maintenance on it, the gas mileage absolutely kills me. When it finally dies at 300,000 plus (120,000 to go) who knows what the truck market will look like. I wouldn’t be surprised if gas trucks are becoming a thing of the past.

For reliability... cant complain, but yeah make sure you have a jerry can... 8 mpg on back roads and a 26 gallon tank are not a great mix lol

Cool rendering mtmuley...stick a turbo diesel in it & slap a 75K sticker on it & there'd be a waiting list.

For reliability... cant complain, but yeah make sure you have a jerry can... 8 mpg on back roads and a 26 gallon tank are not a great mix lol
What the hell are you doing to get 8 mpg with a Tundra?

I'm on my 3rd one and have never got that kind of mileage even towing my boat.

What the hell are you doing to get 8 mpg with a Tundra?

I'm on my 3rd one and have never got that kind of mileage even towing my boat.

Bear hunting in Montana... we were up in the Kootenai. Driving from town to the camp spot, then from a couple different glassing spots used up 2/3 a tank and so we had to switch to the Subaru forester for the next 5 days. Tundra barely made it to the gas station... Subaru still had 1/4 tank.

To your point yeah I don't know it was absurd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back