Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

lectric

The Nikkola is a good looking pickup. I’d buy it if I could afford it & it had a long bed. The Rivian looks nice until you get to the front end.

I wish he would do something and complete it....for the benefit of the greater good............like make it work for trucks ,trains ,ships...just saying.Or go to mars,with his buds.

"The Badger, though just a concept for now, aims to compete with the likes of the Tesla Cybertruck, Rivian R1T, Hummer electric pickup truck, Ford F-150 electric truck and more in the ever-growing segment of electric trucks."

So are there actually any electric trucks you can currently go out and buy? Seems like it's all just a lot of talk so far.

I was talking to a co-worker about the Tesla truck. I wonder if you could mount a diesel generator in the bed and wire it up for unlimited range?

Daughter met the owner of Rivian yesterday at work. Damn near knocked him down a flight of stairs! Said he apologized to HER. Guess production is set to start this spring, the crash test portion has to be complete in April.

Buddy just sent me an email about the Nikola. Interesting. I'd try it,if I had any$ and was younger...lol

It's interesting these electric truck companies tout big horsepower and torque numbers in a vehicle that doesn't look equipped to pull a lawn cart. mtmuley

The problem with electric trucks or vehicles is that the distance rating is listed under optimum conditions. Once you actually tow with them, that mileage is significantly decreased. Shortly after the tesla truck was announced A auto youtube channel went out and bought the model x, towed a trailer 500 pounds under the max GVWR rating for it. They were going to an off road convention. They could only go 150 miles before having to recharge. SO drive 150 miles recharge for an hour. They actually had to have another tow vehicle come and pick the trailer up to make it on time.

IMO hybrid trucks is going to be the future for people who use trucks for what they were intended for. In 2009 I did some engineering design work for a company called XLFleet. They were going to be making hybrid F150's and 250's. Really simple design, install an electric motor behind the transmission. It had multiple settings, run the vehicle just off the engine, run the vehicle just off the electric motor, or you could run it as a hybrid and use both. They had about a 100 mile range as a straight electric, but as a hybrid system, they were improving fuel economy by 40-50 percent.

Reactions: LCH
The future of EV will be interesting to say the least. Until charging challenges are minimised I don't see myself owning an EV truck for hunting. I'm not interested in spending 2 hours or more someplace to fill up. And in placed like Montana, Wyoming and anywhere else that relies on mostly coal to run power plants your EV will produce roughly 30% more co2 emissions equivalent than a Petro vehicle.

I guess I don't do a lot of driving when I hunt. During my week long out of state elk hunts I've never had to full up. So I guess an EV, as long as it had decent range, would work fine for me.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back