Late NM Bull Hunt

jtnm

Finally got a break from guiding & got to go on my own hunt. Got this bull on the first day of the December hunt. Spotted him 1/2 mile away bedded, stalked in on him 30 yards & shot him while he was feeding on juniper berries.

Attachments

• PC020188.JPG
    PC020188.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 337
  • PC020180.JPG
    PC020180.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 337
John,

Sweet pics bud and thanks for sharing. Now get out there and take some pics of those bulls and bucks still running around.

Later,
Bryce

nice bull and great pictures,you will like it here just one warning avoid any posts having to do with wolves ha ha its about to go to war in there.
if you walk on egg shells maybe 280 buzz and the gang wont start the name calling. oh ya make sure you can spell and write well there sure are alot of english teachers here.
other than that the rest of us wolf hateing stand our ground in our state will be nice to you.

Muleyslyr said:
Great first post! That's a nice bull.....almost look like he's missing his right eye.

Thanks guys for the welcome glad you liked the pictures.

Yes his eye was missing, I busted him in the evening hunt with seconds of shooting light left. We field dressed him for the night, so we could get him out the next morning & take pictures. We got back in there the next morning around 9 am, I thought I would be couretous to the other hunters that morning not to ruin there morning by getting there in at first light to pack out my bull & running every elk out in the area. By the time we got to the bull there was 2 crows eating his eye out already.

Well this was the last year the NMG&F will have a December bull hunt in this unit. I am glad I got to draw it out the last 2 years.

Here is my 05 bull in the same unit. Another first day evening hunt bull.

Attachments

• 2055 JT BULL.JPG
    2055 JT BULL.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 213
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back